Hostetler's Cessna 195 - Page 91 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 24, 2011, 04:00 PM
Like you Tom, I don't mind doing things bit by bit, even if it takes some time to build up everything I need. Transport is my main issue, since being lumbered with the entirety of the joint bank loan since the split, I am somewhat restricted, and can't afford to run a car until its paid off. Bit of a sob story, but there it is!

Scale is the way I am going in RC eventually I think, simply because a lot of it can be acheived with "kitchen table" technology and a little innovation, plus, there are a lot of very nice subjects which would make reasonable models even in a smaller scale if built light.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2011, 08:23 PM
having all the tape off, polished the glass in side-n-out. Installed the landing gear & wheel pants... re cleaned the interior too. Glenn
Aug 25, 2011, 07:30 AM
ARFs Are Me
Sounds like housework to me.
Aug 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Sounds like housework to me.
I thought that...

http://www.geekalerts.com/usb-mini-vacuum-cleaner/
Aug 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
ARFs Are Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarlton
By this time next week, Glenn will have one of those. If he buys miniature golf carts, surely he will buy a miniature vacuum cleaner.
Aug 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Well getting ready too prep the wings for paint on Sunday. Finished mounting the windshield ribs back on. These are held on w/ 00-90 nuts & bolts. G
Aug 27, 2011, 07:44 PM
Most likely won't get too spraying the wings on Sunday. Do have the right wing ready, still have too finish sanding the left wing yet, just a lot of area to cover & sanding it micro smooth avoiding the rivets takes time... but getting there'. Did assemble the rudder & elevators back on the tail section, think they look good,... so far. I did receive my second golf bag in the mail for the cargo area, I like this one, a tad bigger & good scale detail... It all folds up too a compact size as well. it will look good in the cargo area. G.
Aug 28, 2011, 10:31 PM
SENTA A PUAAA!!!
loved the golf cart!!! amazing job Glenn!
Aug 30, 2011, 03:07 PM
:Sprayed the wings this afternoon after work... Shiney..shiney shiney'.
Aug 30, 2011, 03:46 PM
AMA 910957
Geez Glen,

This model is going to be worthy of it's own 1/4-scale hanger!

Very pretty work.

EJWash
Aug 30, 2011, 05:25 PM
Beautiful spray job Glenn, and indeed, beautiful work throughout, its thoroughly entertaining (and slightly dispiriting!) to watch it all coming together.

Matt
Aug 31, 2011, 04:20 PM
Cowl on... time to mask for the Maroon...
Last edited by G McIntosh; Aug 31, 2011 at 08:00 PM.
Sep 01, 2011, 05:37 PM
Being somewhat inspired by both these builds, I had a little dig about in some references for something of a similar "feel" but simpler for a dunce like me to put together.

What I found was the Forstner-Wicko GM.1

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Wicko...9a8dff38a48506

Ok...daydream over, but really, this is inspirational work by you both, thanks for sharing.
Sep 01, 2011, 06:27 PM
ARFs Are Me
Thanks, man !

Build that sucker. She's a good looking subject for a scale model.

Build it to your level or expertise, and go a notch, or two, higher. You'll enjoy yourself, and learn something along the way.
Sep 01, 2011, 06:36 PM
Either that or something else, even if it takes a couple of years to do.

I figure that a golden age "gentle" flyer is the way to go for a first "proper" scale model, so I'm going through my references and referring constantly to RCG for inspiration and those little "how can I do this?" moments.