Mar 05, 2009, 08:56 PM
Pro Hoarder
It looks very good...Not an easy plane to get correct
Scott
Latest blog entry: In flight
to remove ads between posts
Mar 05, 2009, 08:59 PM
Pro Hoarder
What or where did the retracts come from??I have a Corsair project and a P40 that they look like they will fit
Latest blog entry: In flight
Mar 05, 2009, 09:06 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

Retracts

Retracts can be found here :
http://www.nitroplanes.com/relage.html (but they've been sold out for a long time now).

Or there :
http://www.toysonics.com/universal-m...ding-gear.html

Excellent stuff for the price !
Mar 05, 2009, 09:09 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
It looks very good...Not an easy plane to get correct
Scott
You said it ! When you chose the subject, you think it'll be easy... And you take pencils, rullers...
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 05, 2009 at 09:19 PM.
Mar 05, 2009, 09:14 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

Accessories.

Also found this prop at HL... Too bad the max diam size is 11"... I'll have to build a smaller Able Dog !
Mar 06, 2009, 08:17 AM
Looking good, what size wing span... looks huge
Mar 06, 2009, 11:51 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
She's 1500 mm WS (60"). The Skyraider is a bulky airplane, it looks huge in every scale : My 1100 mm parkflyer (the one you can see in post #1) looked bigger it was actually !
Mar 06, 2009, 07:49 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

AD4 Skyraider, the Able Dog buildthread.

Worked on the steerable tailwheel retract tonight... I wanted it to be as close as possible to the original... Spent a lot of time on this detail to make it works well, but i didn't want an ordinary tailwheel : Some details can kill the look of a model !
It's out of plywood, aluminium tube, spring, servo control horn and piano wire. The wheel is a 25 mm diam one.
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 06, 2009 at 07:54 PM.
Mar 06, 2009, 11:53 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Great work Philippe!

J
Mar 07, 2009, 07:14 AM
Living a Dream
It´s great that you build bigger size planes, Philippe!

HJ

Mar 07, 2009, 07:44 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
I had several projects for bigger planes for a long time, Hans-Johachim... The main problem was to find cheaper components. Now, it's done, so... Let's go ! Don't know which one for the next yet... F6F5 Hellcat ? F4U7 "for French only" Corsair" ? Br 1050 Alizé ? ...
Nice ex-French Skyraiders from Gabonese air force, flown by French mercenaries during late 70's...
I hope we will have a meeting for a flying cession, some day... Germany is not so far from here...
Philippe
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 07, 2009 at 07:52 AM.
Mar 07, 2009, 08:07 AM
EB-66C Team Member
A big F6F Hellcat would be nice too! I don't have one in my stable yet.

J
Mar 07, 2009, 08:21 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
I've got a second set of 90° rotating retracts... So the choice is between the Hellcat and the F4U7... Both would be a tribute : The Hellcat, to the Admiral Klotz, who was shot down over Dien Bien Phu and survived to 5 months of captivity and the walk to death (more than 70% of mortality for prisonners...) ; the F4U7, to the LV Antoine LANCRENON, MIA while he was attacking an airfield with the Flotille 14F, during the Suez crisis...
But, let me finish with the AD4 before !
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 07, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Mar 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
Diver-driver
Ahhh how could i miss this thread... well at least it`s now subscribed, i really need to build bigger planes again
Will there be a plan for this one Philippe ?
Mar 17, 2009, 01:00 PM
Kiss the Sky
There seems to be several great, recent builds of this type aircraft? Lmeano_from_MO built a great example, John Morgan has built a super example, and now this one? The aircraft has lovely lines and I guess it is one of, if not the last prop driven warbirds, in service until quite recently? I have to put this one on the to do list? So many planes, so little time!!! Great job Philippe!!! Good size too!

Quick Reply