Mar 02, 2009, 10:21 AM
Philippe,

That Typhoon looks great! Excellent paint job and details.

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2009, 05:05 PM
Kiss the Sky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRN
No buildthread about the Tiffey, Dave. I built it for a magazine five years ago and wasn't on e-zone yet. But i have the TIF files for the plans...
Could you post them?? What a lovely model!! What is the W/S etc?
You are a skilled builder, thats for sure!!!
Mar 02, 2009, 05:11 PM

Able Dog & Typhoon

GGRN,
These two look as good as your A4 Skyhawk and other jets. Please post the plans as I would in the future like to build both.

Trackerman
Mar 03, 2009, 02:45 AM
Philippe,

Thankyou for the fantastic photographs (proving once again who the master builder is). Can you tell us which Magazine (did they sell the plans?).

Dave.
Mar 03, 2009, 04:56 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
For those who want the Typhoon plans, just PM me your e-mail, i'll send you back the TIF files for the plans...
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 05, 2009 at 08:58 PM.
Mar 03, 2009, 12:21 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianspork226
looking very very nice!

would you mind posting some detail shots or elaborate on how you did your landing gear doors on your typhoon? particularly the inboard doors? im looking into door mounting/actuating techniques. it appears that the doors are actuated by the retract servo as the gear is retracted... i think...

so far i like the sprung-down a-la kyosho warbird series method, where the wheel itself provides the moving force as it retracts... any tips?

-david
The gear doors are actuated by the wheels via a pedal, in the end of their retracting sequence. This system was used on several Russian warbirds like the Yak 3... Very simple and reliable. On a so small and light model, the main problem is the turbulating wind from the prop : It moves the doors and the sequence sometimes doesn't work fine.
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 06, 2009 at 07:38 AM.
Mar 03, 2009, 12:55 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirspeedNZ
Philippe,

Thankyou for the fantastic photographs (proving once again who the master builder is). Can you tell us which Magazine (did they sell the plans?).

Dave.
Remember it's just a joke...
Mar 03, 2009, 04:43 PM
Philippe, if you like we can start another thread for the Tiffi!
More progress of the Sandy build to report?!?!

Toby
Mar 03, 2009, 06:00 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Go ahead, guys ! Can't wait to see other modellers at work with my plans...
No progress on the Able Dog till thursday : I've to make apparitions at work, from time to time, to avoid doubts about my regularity
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 03, 2009 at 06:46 PM.
Mar 03, 2009, 06:04 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Speaking about warbirds... Just have a look there for very nice scaled 3 and 4 bladed prop, with ground variable pitch : http://www.hobby-lobby.com/elecprop.htm

Too bad they're too small for the Skyraider... Just have to design a new warbird for them... I've always wondered about a nice F4U7 "for French only" Corsair...
Mar 03, 2009, 06:09 PM
how can i get a set of plans? Thanks
mike
Mar 03, 2009, 06:23 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Just PM me your e-mail...
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 28, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
Mar 05, 2009, 08:27 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

AD4 Skyraider, the Able Dog buildthread.

Worked on the main retracting gear tonight... That's not the part of the build i prefer... Lots of adjustments, assembling...
The retracts mounts are out of 3 mm plywood. Strong pinewood sticks are glued on the Plywood reinforcements first, and then, the plywood mounts are glued. Seems to be rock-solid and to be able to take the deck landings !
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 05, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
Mar 05, 2009, 08:37 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

AD4 Skyraider, the Able dog buildthread.

Wheels holes sides are closed with 3 mm Depron sheet to make two nice wells. It avoids dust, earth and mud accumulation in the wings.
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 05, 2009 at 08:52 PM.
Mar 05, 2009, 08:44 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

AD4 Skyraider, the Able Dog buildthread.

When the retracts are screwed on the wing, the beast is put on it's wheels for the first time. Of course, the struts springs are visible... But in the end, they'll be hidden by the front gear doors !
Now she still needs her retractable tailwheel and arrestor hook...

Quick Reply