Feb 28, 2009, 06:22 PM
Looks really good, great job so far.

Pete
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2009, 04:03 PM
Kiss the Sky
This is like a master class in building with Depron. Lovely job!!
Mar 01, 2009, 06:14 PM
Warbirds Lover
Really impressive job once again GGRN

Congratulations, she looks great !
Mar 01, 2009, 08:12 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

AD4 Skyraider, the Able Dog buildthread.

Thank you very much for congrats, guys ! But, don't forget i had to build 3 fuselages to get something looking like a skyraider...
Spent 3 evenings building the third one... So let's see what does she look like now
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 01, 2009 at 08:22 PM.
Mar 01, 2009, 08:15 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

Here are two pics to compare... Matchless !
Mar 01, 2009, 08:20 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

The steerable tailwheel will also be retractable, like the real one. It's a modified GWS retract. The arrestor hook is not mounted yet.
Mar 01, 2009, 10:15 PM
AMA 8614
GGRN.. Great job on the Skyraider. Could you give a little more info on the GWS lg you are using in the tail? I'm up against the same problem with my Typhoon. Thanks in advance. Bob
Mar 01, 2009, 10:31 PM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

Tailwheel.

That's just an ordinary one... I don't use a GWS steerable nose gear because i want strongest metal pieces than the plastic they use. I also want a shock absorber... I'll post some pics of modifications ASAP, it'll be better than a long explanation !
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 01, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
Mar 01, 2009, 11:43 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Sweet, but I thought all three fuses looked good.

J
Mar 02, 2009, 03:58 AM
Hello GGRN,

You mentioned a typhoon build in the first post. Is there a build thread for it somewhere? Would love to build a depron tiffey! Regards,

Dave.
Mar 02, 2009, 08:08 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP

Typhoon

No buildthread about the Tiffey, Dave. I built it for a magazine five years ago and wasn't on e-zone yet. But i have the TIF files for the plans...
Mar 02, 2009, 08:35 AM
AMA 8614
Fantastic Typhoon.... I hope I can do half as well. Bob
Mar 02, 2009, 08:44 AM
One eyed Corsair
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan
Sweet, but I thought all three fuses looked good.

J
Yes, John ! But you know the story... A model is never perfect, when there are too big defaults and you know where they are, you're unable to see anything else
Last edited by GGRN; Mar 07, 2009 at 06:03 AM.
Mar 02, 2009, 09:44 AM
looking very very nice!

would you mind posting some detail shots or elaborate on how you did your landing gear doors on your typhoon? particularly the inboard doors? im looking into door mounting/actuating techniques. it appears that the doors are actuated by the retract servo as the gear is retracted... i think...

so far i like the sprung-down a-la kyosho warbird series method, where the wheel itself provides the moving force as it retracts... any tips?

-david
Mar 02, 2009, 09:44 AM
EB-66C Team Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGRN
Yes, John ! But you know the story... A model is never perfect, but when there are too big defaults and you know where they are, you're unable to see anything else
That's exactly right Philippe! I do the same thing, can't see anything but the mistakes.
The Tiffie looks great!

J

Quick Reply