Jan 06, 2010, 04:07 PM
ancora imparo
Thread OP

WARNING: These are NOT the supplies in this thread

Thank, Charles - very timely

These are NOT the DL580 supplies I converted. They do not have the same 12V current rating that made the originals so attractive. See picture attached.

Be aware the 580 series must come in different versions. THE PART NUMBER IS CRITICAL.

From Trademoon.com
HP 800W Hot-Plug Redundant Power Supply Proliant DL580 G2 NAS E7000 v2
Product ID: 192147-001R

From my Post #1
HP PROLIANT DL580/ML570G3 RPS REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLY. P/N: 348114R-B21.

From Post #4
Update on part numbers
The part number I gave 348114R-B21 is the one that brings up the power supply if you do a Google search.
The label on the case has a couple of different numbers.
Part Number 3378676-501
Spare number 406421-001
Which return nothing on the net but might be useful to know.

These other supplies may be useful but they are not what I used.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Post # 79 link

http://www.trademoon.com/Product58670.aspx

and these are what arrived today.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Everydayrider asked: If perchance anyone has any experience with these help. From recent post there looks like a few have been ordered already.
Just look at the first few messages in the beginning of this thread. All the info you using the power supplies is there. The OP even did pictures and a nice drawing and everything.

jj604, these power supplies from Trademoon should work the same way you did the mods on yours, even though the part numbers are different. HP didn't really change the pinouts any. they kept them the same for the most part. I guess there are some exceptions.
I haven't had a chance to mess with mine yet. But I'll know for sure soon enough.
Jan 06, 2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
I haven't had a chance to mess with mine yet. But I'll know for sure soon enough.
Curious to hear of your results as the product P/N as well as product description lead one to believe that this is an entirely different animal than John's.

Still a phenomenal deal for over 600 watts at 12V if it proves to be successful.

Unfortunately, mine are still in transit...

Mark
Jan 06, 2010, 05:19 PM
Southern Pride
Post #79 has a link to these and post 82 sure make them sound the same however they are not at all the same. Ones linked to in post #79 do not even have a place for an external / seperate power connection. Different number of blade type contacts,different number of control pins, different amps. different watts, different case,board(s) layout. How much different do they need to be yet in post #82

Quote:
I just got in the two I ordered. Nice.
They look identical to what the OP jj604 posted in the beginning.
Thanks for the information about how to convert these over for our usage. .
jj604 I will be glad to delet / move my post if you feel it is just confusing everyone. I did it as a heads up to clear up any confusion not to add any.

Like most Threads here on RC groups it has wondered offf of the original Thread Title.

Charles
Jan 06, 2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry my fault I though they were the same or very close to the original ones that jj604 talked about.
if I don't get stuck doing chores this evening for my wife, I'll dig into it more and hook mine up.
Jan 06, 2010, 06:04 PM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Charles, I suggest we leave the thread intact. If someone gets these new ones working, then it would be sensible for them to start a new thread with a pointer here.

All in all this thread has stayed roughly on topic - compared with some bizarre examples I have seen. At least it still seems to be mainly about Power Supplies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
jj604 I will be glad to delet / move my post if you feel it is just confusing everyone. I did it as a heads up to clear up any confusion not to add any.

Like most Threads here on RC groups it has wondered offf of the original Thread Title.

Charles
Jan 06, 2010, 07:44 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Hey y'all. I visited Trademoon today. There are some real nice people there. Paul, the owner, let me browse his inventory then we came back to the front and priced several units. Sure enough the ones linked are like Charles. 12V 57A with no mains power connector. We dug up this thread and when Paul saw the pic in post #91 he went and found he had some stock. So I bought several. They have "no fan" (Actually they have fans inside that you cannot see) and the mains are an inusual looking connector. Pics attached. They are 12V 74A with 120V in and 106A with 240V in.
Last edited by feathermerchant; Jan 13, 2010 at 01:16 PM.
Jan 06, 2010, 08:02 PM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Feathermerchant these look like the one I modded.

"No fan"? There are two internal fans that you can't see from outside. Assume these haven't had them removed??? The odd mains connector is pretty standard on some computer gear but you won't find it at your local store.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
Hey y'all. I visited Trademoon today. There are some real nice people there. Paul, the owner, let me browse his inventory then we came back to the front and priced several units. Sure enough the ones linked are like Charles. 12V 57A with no mains power connector. We dug up this thread and when Paul saw the pic in post #91 he went and found he had some stock. So I bought several. They have no fan and the mains are an inusual looking connector. Pics attached. They are 12V 74A with 120V in and 106A with 240V in.
Jan 06, 2010, 08:25 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Fans inside? Any pics?
Jan 06, 2010, 10:07 PM
My apologies to anyone who got one of the power supplies I referenced.
It is different from JJ604's original posting and information.
I am at present researching what I need to get it to work standalone.
They have the correct power supply listed under the spares part number here: http://www.trademoon.com/Product378593.aspx

I have started a separate thread so as to not pollute this thread any more with these power supplies.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post14001273
I was successful at getting the power supply to work OK. Details are in the new thread.

I beleive this is the correct power supply that JJ604 talks about here:
http://www.trademoon.com/Product378593.aspx
Last edited by earlwb; Jan 07, 2010 at 08:52 AM.
Jan 06, 2010, 11:01 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Wow Charles I guess I missed it. That's the power supply I have all right. I looked for a power cord and the cheapest I cold find is $8. I think I'll just cut off an old cord and solder it to the prongs on the supply.
Jan 07, 2010, 12:07 AM
Use the 4S Luke
I got one of mine to work tonight. It does have fans and they are pretty loud. They'd be really loud if they weren't buried in the middle of the supply.
Jan 07, 2010, 12:58 AM
ancora imparo
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb

I beleive this is the correct power supply that JJ604 talks about here:
http://www.trademoon.com/Product378593.aspx

That's the one. Ear plugs are extra.

John
Jan 07, 2010, 06:01 AM
Electric Helis is my game
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathermerchant
I got one of mine to work tonight. It does have fans and they are pretty loud. They'd be really loud if they weren't buried in the middle of the supply.

To make it better;
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=76

Quick Reply