A simple high quality 12Volt 100Amp Power Supply- Part1 - Page 260 - RC Groups
Aug 17, 2017, 09:35 PM
Use the 4S Luke
Can't ask for more than that.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2017, 03:59 AM
aka imsundee
Hey guys,

Anyone got a Dell R910 1100watt psu working?

I've looked through the pages in this thread and found some info on getting them to work. But I've tested it all and can't seem to get mine to power up.

Cheers
Aug 28, 2017, 07:19 AM
Artesyn 7000668 help.

Good afternoon, I have a question.
I have 4 power supplies Artesyn 7000668.
I found information on the forum how to turn it on. It is necessary to put a jumper between the two legs. When the jumper is installed between the contacts, the green LED lights up, the fan starts to run faster than without
Jumper. Without the load the unit starts to heat up. I dismantled the power supply and saw that the transformer was heating up and some kind of detail with the radiator. Without the load, it heats up sufficiently, the fan starts spinning faster and faster.
This is without load.
Tell me please is this normal?
I'm worried that if the unit heats up without load, the heating will be even stronger under load. Power supply artesyn 7000668 Read on the forum that in some units you need a load of 5 volts bus, maybe it's this?
Sep 01, 2017, 05:46 AM

DPS-1200EB Dell

Hi, can someone help me?
DPS-1200EB Dell PE Hot Swap 1200W Power Suppli
I can not start, I tried on 4 power supply units.
I used a pinout from the model at 2100 W, but despite the fact that the power supplies are visually similar and approach the same server, it did not work to start the DPS-1200EB. Below I attach the photo of the power unit and the pinout I tried.
Sep 09, 2017, 11:35 AM

HP hstns-pl12 fan noise help

Hello,

I have an HP hstns-pl12 449838-001regulated for 13.5 V output. The fan is very noise and always at full speed. Anyone knows if a mod for reduce fan speed is avaliable?

is there any way to change voltage output to 13.8 V ?
Sep 11, 2017, 01:21 PM
For the information of the public:

A Sony APS-162 power supply will function from 220 volts DC, such as from a Prius hybrid system. The APS-162 is rated for 42VDC output at 27.5A.
Sep 13, 2017, 12:39 PM
Hello! I have a YM-3591A Rev. A PN:YM-3591AAR. (HP P2000 G3 FC). The fans run at full power. With 12 volts. How can I increase the voltage to 13.8 volts. How can I reduce the rpm of the fans. What pins do we need?
Sep 14, 2017, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawil
I'm looking for pinout for HP HSTNS-PL40 how to activate

Details HP HSTNS-PL40

500 W

Gen Part 723594-001
I'm looking for this information as well.
Sep 15, 2017, 02:54 AM
Hello,

Please help with pinout for this great power supply DELL E2700P-00, I bought few pieces of this and I need to know how to start.

I'm even willing to pay for this info, immediately by PayPal.

Also I will pay for schematics on how to raise the output to 14V, on PayPal too.

Thank you!
Sebastian

my email is grabuzzz@yahoo.com
Sep 23, 2017, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Power supplies without a fan are normally intended to be used in racks that have a set of fans already installed. That is, they assume a flow of cooling air will already be supplied.

You are asking a non-cooled power supply to dissipate supply up to 665Watts at full current. That's That will generate a hell of a lot of heat and I would think that the PSU will not survive unless you provide an external cooling airflow. It may of course be thermally protected internally and just shut down by itself. You might look at the Poweredge 1950 server it came from and see what fan it uses in its PS cage. You might be able to add something similar externally to this supply - but it will be a bit clumsy.

This looks like what they use - but I know nothing about these servers. Someone else may be able to help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEd...-/331256443001
I have a astec AA23920L 2880w and the 3 fans are at maximum rpm when it is working doing a brutal noise of 82 dB. No way to reduce the rpm per example with a PWM? Any help? Thanks friends
Oct 01, 2017, 09:05 AM

Reduce fan speed, simple universal mod.

I seen many posts where ppl looking for mods to reduce PSU fan speed. In many cases you may do it by inserting voltage regulator into fan power line. You just need basic soldering skills. Usually i cut power and ground wires just near a fan and insert some small DC-DC step-down regulator. Often it will do the job with minimum effort and this is way easier then looking special mod just for your PSU.

So, your options are:
1. Use wide spread LM317 or similar adjustable voltage regulator. Schematic is attached (fan is in place of volt meter). Sorry, russian comment is there, lazy to replace it on image. RV7 is 10KOhm thermistor that reduces resistance with temperature increase. I use this schematic in one PSU. Thermistor is attached to a heat sink. Increase of R9 will increase "base" output voltage at normal temperature, adjust it to select fan speed when PSU is just turned on. Because LM317 is linear voltage regulator, voltage it drops on itself is "converted" to heat. I suggest to place it on the way of the fan air flow. Because fans are different, some will start at 5 or even 3v, while other will need at least 7v. Try schematic with your fan and adjust R9 and R10 so fan speed and PSU temperature under usual load will suits your needs. Thermistor placed in a hot area will help to increase fan speed and reduce PSU temperature when necessary. But once again, test this schematic before use, it is just an example how to do, not the final solution. Btw, you may use SMD resistors and solder them directly on LM317 pins.

2. Use one of those small step-down DC-DC regulators. You may find them on Aliexpress for 0.5$ or even less. Search for Mini360 or something that looks similar and is called "DC-DC step down...". They are adjustable and so small that you may attach one on the side of a fan when space is very limited. I used them same way as LM317 - wires from fan connector to IN, and wires from OUT to fan. With minor modifications you may attach thermistor to control output voltage, but i didn't bothered. Those regulators are more efficient then LM317 and do not "convert" voltage drop to heat. However they do not handle more then 1A load, so check your fan label. Most fans require way less then 1A.

Of course you have to understand what you're doing. Reduced fan speed means increased temperature inside a PSU, so you have to control this or you will burn your PSU together with your car, house, cat and so on, and it will be your responsibility, not mine . Find required minimum on usual load to keep PSU not very hot. If load will not increase, use DC-DC regulator with fixed output voltage. If you're not sure, use schematic with thermistor so in bad case fan will go all out.

Another problem you may experience is fan speed control implemented in some PSUs. Reduced fan speed will be detected and PSU will report about an error by a "warning" LED (annoying but not really affect how PSU works). However some PSU may just decline to start or will turn off right after start because "faulty fan is detected". To "trick" this speed control i use small schematic based on NE555 timer. Because fans has tachometer output, this schematic is kind of "fan emulator". It is used in my UPS (not psu ) where i replaced small loud fan on the back side by a big frontal one with reduced speed. The schematic uses 3 elements only: NE555, capacitor and resistor. Emulated "tachometer" output is from pin 7 of NE555. If someone will need schematic, feel free to send me a message, i will upload a photo.

P.S.: if you trying to solder something inside a PSU, i suppose you're mature enough to remove AC power plug and you know about safety rules.

Regards.
Last edited by Kerd; Oct 01, 2017 at 04:46 PM.
Oct 10, 2017, 04:42 AM

Dell PowerEdge 6800 fan automaticly adjustment with current load

i use the PSU Dell PowerEdge 6800 now for long time and itís work perfect for me.

A little mod i need to do:

Is it possible to adjust the FANS to the current load of the PSU?

I read at this thread https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=940 that is possible.

Which pins i need to connect and is an poti required?

thanks!
Oct 11, 2017, 01:52 PM
Hi Frank
did you manage to put it to 14V olts ?
73, ON7MA
Oct 11, 2017, 03:33 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jemp
Hi Frank
did you manage to put it to 14V olts ?
73, ON7MA
Who is Frank?
Oct 11, 2017, 11:19 PM
Need help with the delta awf-2dc-1200w pinout. Can't get the supply to turn on at all. Help would be greatly appteciated! TIA

Nevermind, I was able to figure the supply out by using steps in previous posts. Thanks!
Last edited by nuttcase21; Oct 12, 2017 at 11:25 PM. Reason: found answer