Jun 07, 2009, 08:56 PM
Hambone the Impaler
Thread OP

Birds of a feather?

Hey guys - this is from Denis in France.

Nice bit of formation flying methinks.

Normally if we get this in Taiwan, its a bloody great eagle with murder in its head. Several of us have had planes destroyed by eagles who dont seem to like their airspace violated.

Anyway - cool pic.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 07, 2009, 11:00 PM
" DID U SEE THAT!!!? "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambonetw
Hey guys - this is from Denis in France.

Nice bit of formation flying methinks.

Normally if we get this in Taiwan, its a bloody great eagle with murder in its head. Several of us have had planes destroyed by eagles who dont seem to like their airspace violated.

Anyway - cool pic.
Is that a real bird or 1 of those dinosaur sailplane kits?? Looks prehistoric to me! " Not at U James" BUT...... HAH!.... I was rite about using blistercovers Davo
Jun 08, 2009, 03:26 AM
Hambone the Impaler
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davonat
Is that a real bird or 1 of those dinosaur sailplane kits?? Looks prehistoric to me! " Not at U James" BUT...... HAH!.... I was rite about using blistercovers Davo
Real bird Davo - and you WERE right about the blisters.

J.
Jun 09, 2009, 11:12 AM
I rest my case.....
Jun 09, 2009, 11:17 AM
...for the time being.....
Jun 09, 2009, 11:54 AM
isoaritfirst
You could try using the technique of just a 90degree bend in the end of the aileron pushrod, then simply screwing into the servo arm.

The rod will screw in and out as the servo is operated. This will allow you to use very small servo arms, and full rotation.
Jun 09, 2009, 02:34 PM
Biting ankles since '53
I really like that idea but can't think of a way to remove the rod from the arm if you need to and have glued in servos.
Jun 10, 2009, 04:53 PM
isoaritfirst
Why would you want to?
Jun 10, 2009, 05:16 PM
Biting ankles since '53
Bent pushrod.

Yes, I know. I'm talented.
Jun 11, 2009, 04:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambonetw
Hey Dodds - to be honest I used blister covers on my bird. It does make a difference in theory but it comes out to about a million decimal points,... Right, 4 blisters approx 1cm across = 4 cms of lift surface removed out of 150 cms, less fus. = 145cms.: 4/145=2.7%, except that these 4cms are right where we have max. lift so let us say 5% of lift is lost. O.K. no big deal, but NOT a "millon decimal points" ....so you won't notice it - especially if you have nothing to compare it to. Yes I have. A 60" Spider which flies like a banshee........

However, the Vigor servos with the arm trimmed down to the second furthest servo linkage should fit in nicely (Just) under a flat cover......According to my Mitutoyo caliper, the distance between the bottom edge of the Vigor VS-12M servo and the top of a quicklink, with the servo arm perpendicular to servo, is 16.5mm. Slightly tight fit when we have approx 9-10mm. available under the flat covers supplied.... ...........

James.
No big deals, James. I and presumably others, will have to use "blister" covers. This is a lovely little plane, with a very good concept - i.e highly "portable" - and deserves to be successful, but we, the readers/users, have a right to have the details right, don't we?
Jun 11, 2009, 05:58 AM
Biting ankles since '53
RDS on 60" planes will be so cool.
Anyone had any experience of retrofitting RDS to 60s?
Jun 11, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hambone the Impaler
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by doddlepots
No big deals, James. I and presumably others, will have to use "blister" covers. This is a lovely little plane, with a very good concept - i.e highly "portable" - and deserves to be successful, but we, the readers/users, have a right to have the details right, don't we?
Absolutely do, DP and thats why I try my best to help here.

Cheers,

James.
Jun 23, 2009, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporter
I used these blister covers on my ERWIN, and they fit beautifully with the same type installation. And they LOOK as good as they fit!

By the way, I just bought a brand new 2M TYPHOON out of the first shipment coming soon to Skip Miller Models!!! Yellow w. blue accents. It should be here is a couple of weeks. I'll keep ya posted......
Last edited by Mike Furcolow; Jun 23, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Jun 23, 2009, 04:27 PM
Biting ankles since '53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sporter
Now that link IS bookmarked

Quick Reply