Feb 18, 2009, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

How do ILS in FS2004

Some one please tell me how to ILS land!!!
just tell me how to set up the autopilot to land the plane here is what I usually do!
This is in a Cessna!
Set the ILS of the run way in the radio NAV1 and then set the in the VOR 1 set the runway number and then how to i set the autopilot[/SIZE]
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2009, 07:09 PM
I don't have it in front of me, but on the autopilot contoller you should see a button that says APR or Approach. Now if you are on heading to intercept the localizer and below the glideslope you push APR and when you intercept the localizer it should track on the localizer. Once it intercepts the glideslope it should capture the glideslope and bring you right down to the runway. You will need to control speed only.
Feb 19, 2009, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
Hey thnx a lot that really helped me!
I didnt know about the APR botton now i can land with autopilot
thnx again!!
Feb 19, 2009, 10:48 PM
glad I could help.
Mar 30, 2009, 11:55 PM
Thread OP
ok I'm having a little problem with big planes like the 737, lading using ILS I do everything like set the heading, set the nav1 to the ILS number, and all that, but i'm always coming too high or too low!
Now my question is what is the approximate altitude to enter the ILS beam??

Really need help!!!
Mar 31, 2009, 12:03 AM
I DS slower than I build!
My computer's old so I still use FS2004. I'm not sure if this is an issue in FS10. In FS2004 and previous versions the ILS hold is not very accurate. There is an add-on program called FSNavigator (aka FSNav) that both functions as a superior flight navigation computer and has improved tracking on approaches. I'd highly recommend it.
Last edited by Cory; Mar 31, 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Mar 31, 2009, 08:50 AM
Thread OP
I'll check that program!
I have both fs2004 and fsx but i use the fs2004 because of my computer anyway
Is there a certain altitude to enter a ILS beam??
Mar 31, 2009, 08:57 AM
Do you have the ILS plate(chart) for the approach that you are trying to accomplish? That will give you the altitude that you should be at.

Generally speaking doing a normal approach you will be below the glide slope and alligned on the localizer. The glide slope indicator will come in from the top and you will intercept it when it is centered. If you follow the glide slope down it will bring to right to the runway about 1000 feet past the threshold.

If you tell me what approaches you are trying to do I can send you the charts if you don't have them.

good luck.
Mar 31, 2009, 09:47 AM
Thread OP
ok first thing I do is go to the map to see the runway and the ILS beam then I click in the green Beam and there it shows me the ILS Number and the heading. Is it suppose to show the altitude?
Mar 31, 2009, 09:49 AM
Thread OP
thnx you can send me the chart of the airport in utah is called Salt lake city airport i think!
thnx
Mar 31, 2009, 06:51 PM
I DS slower than I build!
You can load a huge database of SIDs and STARs into FSNav. It's possible to just be a passenger instead of a pilot for all but the rotation on take off and the flair and touchdown for landing. Not that that's all that fun, but one of my friends who is a real corporate pilot tells me that he normally doesn't take the controls from the autopilot until he is about 300 ft. AGL, so it's pretty realistic.
Mar 31, 2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanesair5
thnx you can send me the chart of the airport in utah is called Salt lake city airport i think!
thnx
I can send you an approach plate for Salt Lake, I just need to know which runway you are trying to land?
Mar 31, 2009, 11:27 PM
Thread OP
Thnx I belive the runway is 16L in salt lake city international airport!
Apr 01, 2009, 08:07 PM
here you go.
Apr 02, 2009, 01:24 PM
Thread OP
thnx for sending the chart now i get it.
Just for curiosity where did u get it from? is very ineresting !

Quick Reply