Feb 13, 2009, 12:27 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Excellium 500 Preview And Build Thread

A few "What's in the box?" starter pics. A mere appetizer for this weekend's fun.
Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Last edited by Hoverup; Feb 13, 2009 at 04:45 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
So that everyone who clicks in to follow this thread understands the difference between this and my review/build threads of the past, let me explain that the purpose here is to preview a product soon to be available for purchase here in the USA.

The Excellium 500 is in the hands of a few Frenchmen and their experiences with the heli are being reviewed by Fabien Deregel, the brains behind and the creator of this new 500 class e-helicopter being brought to market by A2PRO. The last changes are being folded into the preview kits like mine so that when the final product is on the shelf of your favorite e-tailer it should have few if any remaining issues.

This preview thread will not follow a conventional step by step build format, but rather chronicle the findings of one North American heli pilot who has been lucky to be involved in more than one new heli product launch. I will share all that I find, the good and the not-so-good, as I assemble this new entrant into a fast growing segment of our hobby - the 500 class of e-helis. This size has proven to be very popular since they fly much better than the 450 and smaller helis yet are easier to transport than the larger 600-700 size helis.

What I have seen so far with the Excellium is a heli with an abundance of aircraft grade aluminum parts that so many e-heli hobbyists prefer. A unique transmission design is at the heart of the propulsion system and should offer the best of belt and gear driven designs that have flown before.

Ask questions as they occur to you and if I can't cover them, Fabien (A.K.A. Bricobrac here on RCG) will step in with a reply to address each item.

Cheers - Boyd
AMA 80393
IRCHA 3355
Major USAF
Retired
Last edited by Hoverup; Feb 15, 2009 at 09:31 PM.
Feb 13, 2009, 12:28 PM
Thread OP
RESERVED
Feb 13, 2009, 03:55 PM
Watching.
Feb 13, 2009, 04:43 PM
Watching as well.
Feb 13, 2009, 05:01 PM
Any links to the company?
Feb 13, 2009, 05:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingstill
Any links to the company?
http://www.e-copter.com/
Feb 13, 2009, 06:01 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Woohoo!! Finally here, but wont have funds til this summer. Bummer. But I will look forward to your build and flying. Thank you for the tease. lol. Is this going to be your Valentines date tomorrow?
Feb 13, 2009, 08:39 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9LIVES1968
.................................................. ........................................... Is this going to be your Valentines date tomorrow?
As much as I could go for that, my wife of 47 years will get her usual 2 dozen roses and a great meal at one of her favorite haunts tomorrow night. Now during the day, that's a different story.

Cheers - Boyd
Feb 13, 2009, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup
There is no info Is the site under construction?
Feb 13, 2009, 11:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
You just need to speak fluent French.
Feb 14, 2009, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
Principal Characteristics:

Main rotor diameter = 970mm

Tail rotor diameter = 209mm

AUW = 1700grams

Main rotor blades supplied are fiberglass
Feb 14, 2009, 03:02 AM
E-Copter
Hi,

you can access the portal directly here

http://www.e-flex.fr/index.php

manufacturer is the company i work for, A2PRO (www.a2pro.fr), my website ( e-copter / e-flex) is the official tech support website

BEst regards,

fabien
Feb 14, 2009, 07:31 AM
Quote:
There is a thread in the mini section.
Feb 14, 2009, 08:12 AM
E-Copter
Hi,

this is our website, as we are french well, it's in french ))

Do not go on the online shop, i do not use it, it's only for the Diamont helicopter.

You must go to the " Forum de support technique" and then, once in the portal, you can click on " forum" and all infos are there, it's the technical support forum we handle for our customers.

As we are manufacturer (A2pro), we do not sell online or other, we only supply shops and our distirbutors so you will find only tech support infos there

If you need any informations, please feel free to contact me.

BEst regards,

Fabien

Quick Reply