Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by microkites, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 01, 2010, 06:38 PM
73 de 2E0IUI
Superconductor's Avatar
SU . Spool Up.

1 .. A state of mind and body when a person decides to demonstrate 24 hours of coaxial "l33t skillz" on a just built Rex 600 turbo GTI.

2 .. Bring rotors to flight speed.



TO . Take off.

1 .. Do a runner cause you just broke something/killed someone.

2 .. Bring an aerial vehicle into flight.


PF . Pucker Factor.

1 . To prevent oneself from becoming creased.usually beyond your control at this point.

2 . The ratio of Fight or Flight divided Sq route of toxic spillage.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2010, 08:50 PM
Registered User
celm's Avatar
what is cogging?
Jul 10, 2010, 05:49 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
what is cogging?
when a motor is hard to turn bacause of the strong magnets

mk
Jul 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
Psurvival = 1/ThArrival
osterizer's Avatar
Or when a motor stutters on startup because of incorrect ESC timing.
Sep 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
Guitar Player
How about all of the cc type references (not as in carbon copy) but like ccc flights? I think it has something to do with turning?
Sep 27, 2010, 07:34 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbrigham View Post
How about all of the cc type references (not as in carbon copy) but like ccc flights? I think it has something to do with turning?
You mean CCW = Counter Clock Wise? That would indicate a turn. I don't recall ever having read about ccc...
Sep 27, 2010, 06:58 PM
Guitar Player
Yep that would be the one! Thanks!
Sep 27, 2010, 09:35 PM
I crash therefore I am
Vimd's Avatar

definition of "moth"


Does it mean a cut down/shorther/smaller version of a larger heli?
Sep 27, 2010, 11:59 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vimd View Post
Does it mean a cut down/shorther/smaller version of a larger heli?
yes
Jan 16, 2011, 06:48 AM
Registered User
bizzy511's Avatar
what is the aileron and what does it do?
also, what is elevator?

sorry for the questions. just trying to learn.
Jan 16, 2011, 11:56 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
what is the aileron and what does it do?
also, what is elevator?

sorry for the questions. just trying to learn.
Aileron or roll is the sideways shifting movement. Elevator controls forward and backward on a helicopter.
Jan 17, 2011, 09:02 AM
Registered User

MCA - More Common Abreviations


RC = Radio Controlled Or Remote Controlled?

RTF = Ready To Fly

ARF = Almost Ready to Fly

BNF = ?

HMBAWT = Hold My Beer And Watch This
Jan 17, 2011, 10:42 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GyroFly View Post
RC = Radio Controlled Or Remote Controlled?

RTF = Ready To Fly

ARF = Almost Ready to Fly

BNF = ?

HMBAWT = Hold My Beer And Watch This
BnF = Bind and Fly, meaning a bare helicopter, without transmitter (TX) and battery. Easy if you just want a spare heli, but don't want to pay for things you don't need.
Jan 20, 2011, 11:59 PM
Registered User
bizzy511's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Aileron or roll is the sideways shifting movement. Elevator controls forward and backward on a helicopter.

thanks solo, so this means that "pitch" is the same as "elevator"
and "aileron" is the same as "roll" or "side strafe"?
Jan 21, 2011, 01:29 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzy511 View Post
thanks solo, so this means that "pitch" is the same as "elevator"
and "aileron" is the same as "roll" or "side strafe"?
Pitch I am not sure off, since CP helis can change blade angle, and this is called pitch as well. But roll=aileron=side strafe


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
other kyosho motors any good for helis? hnearnest Electric Heli Talk 3 Feb 06, 2002 10:44 AM
Infra-Red Thermometer for Helis rscamp Electric Heli Talk 7 Jan 08, 2002 06:11 AM
teather forsale , for helis misskimo Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Oct 12, 2001 01:55 PM
Brushed motors for helis article in S&E Fred Bronk Electric Heli Talk 6 May 31, 2001 05:40 AM
Using Motocalc for helis J.Critchfield Electric Heli Talk 0 May 20, 2001 11:07 PM