Jan 26, 2012, 09:31 AM
RC beginner
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquemonster
Hello,
I don't mean to revive an old thread but I was wondering if anyone could maybe modify the code for three channels with a ATTiny13A. I am trying to include this as a method to transmit data over some distance via cable. Except I only need the three channels.
hi. rich the op was my old neighbor and friend who got me set up to do this internet stuff. i have most of his old equipment and with reconstituted source code from post #51 should be able to do a 3 channel version if you are still interested. tiny13 is my favorite chip and is 100% compatible with the others in this thread so that helps. let me know.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 26, 2012, 06:02 PM
We can rebuild it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993
hi. rich the op was my old neighbor and friend who got me set up to do this internet stuff. i have most of his old equipment and with reconstituted source code from post #51 should be able to do a 3 channel version if you are still interested. tiny13 is my favorite chip and is 100% compatible with the others in this thread so that helps. let me know.
How much would it cost to do a tiny13? If you don't mind I would be interested in a 6-8Ch version, would it mater if it was only fed 4Ch in?
Jan 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83
How much would it cost to do a tiny13? If you don't mind I would be interested in a 6-8Ch version, would it mater if it was only fed 4Ch in?
6>8 channel you would need ATtiny2313. And you would need to know if signal is inverted. Futaba is but spektrums aren't. Still if you have avr programmer take a moment to change.
I live in UK, Bristol if that helps?
Jan 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
RC beginner
post #51 is already 6ch and i think others posted hex for 8ch. i have a bunch of mege8 which are either 6 or 8 im not sure. he just left me with tubes of chips. i can sell some for 5-6 bucks if anybodys interested.

i dont hink too many channels causes trouble but id have to check on that. you can fix the inverted problem in the code easy or with a transistor (no resistor caps needed).

i was thinking of coding a version that has auto polarity and auto channel sensing. shouldnt be to hard. will be more than a couple dozen bytes (that guy was amazing) but theres no space problem in these chips.
Jan 27, 2012, 07:11 AM
I should be able to modify my source code to do what you need, but I don't have an ATtiny13 to test it on. I will try on an Arduino, should be similar enough.
Jan 27, 2012, 08:47 AM
when you get up to around 8ch you start to run out of time 2.25x8=20ms. The frame rate is not set in stone and you can push it out till it's also double. The spektrum buddy box signal uses a different approach they have the pulse go from .5 to 1.5ms.

on a different note I was thinking about how someone reprogrammed an orange rx to be a tx and the thought came to me to do away with all this extra hardware and just reprogram the rx to send ppm out one channel.
Jan 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
DavidT line of spektrum rx's can out put stream PPM and very very small.

kile
Is doing a nice TX module. Now if he was to do more work (i say that like it easy ) and make RX based on NRF24L01 +. Pair of NRF24L01 + very cheap HERE

Ok large amount of work
Jan 27, 2012, 03:44 PM
RC beginner
almost all modern low cost rx like flysky and frsky put out ppm. it is usually present on the bind pin. unfortunately old tech spektrum and orange havent caught up.

davidt modified orange have it but are ridiculous expensive. i can buy several ppm flysky rx for the cost of one of those.
Jun 08, 2012, 02:01 AM
Hi,
I'm very interresting about making this PWM2PPM convertor...

But...Can you give me the way to build the hex file?
I try to make this with winavr, I have to use AVR Studio?
Jun 08, 2012, 05:24 AM
RC beginner
no need to build the hex file. it is already in post #1.
Jun 10, 2012, 12:50 AM
Sorry for my english,
I want to build an Hex file from the source given.

Like for atmega8.
Jun 10, 2012, 01:34 AM
Hi
Which code do you have? Link to it would help.
Winavr can be used within Avr studio.
Jun 11, 2012, 05:15 AM
RC beginner
technically, if were talking about the programs in this thread, it would be avrasm not winavr since assembler not c is used.
Sep 28, 2012, 05:59 AM

Psoc ppm encoder

Hi,

I implemented kile's code to Psoc. I am planning to use it with HK TR6A v2. May be it can be usefull for you too.
Dec 05, 2012, 01:40 PM
Constantine
Quote:
Originally Posted by aykerme
I am planning to use it with HK TR6A v2.
Heh, your receiver does have a ppm sum signal! Just check your BAT pin (the same as bind)

Quick Reply