Thread: Discussion Multiplex ASW 22 birthday
View Single Post
Mar 09, 2011, 02:45 PM
Thread OP

The (re)maiden flight test.

Weather was almost perfect for sloping today, the wind was a bit fresh (20 mph gusting to 30) which made launching a handful but we got the ASW22 away cleanly twice.

Needed a fair few clicks of down trim to penetrate and hold a nose down attitude, I also flew the DG600 and this needed no pitch trim, I wonder if the tailplane incidence is slightly off? It was mighty windy though!!

The roll rate is surprisingly good on the single servo, better than my Teakle Vega (but that is an extended span version) and fellow flyers noted how graceful it was in flight (I noticed that as well!!).

Tried a couple of stalls, just a gentle nose drop usually with one dropping a wing, I think it would spin if provoked.

Airbrakes were very effective with a small nose down pitch change that I'm not going to bother to mix out, didn't really need the brakes today as I undershot the landing area slightly both times (first time on the slope since last September!).

Connecting all the wing control linkages is a bit of a pain on the hill, especially with the anti-crush dowel in the way, just needs some patience and long-nose pliers.

Now it is trimmed out and I know it flies straight I keep looking at the bungee hook and wondering!! Probably not worth the risk.

It's a great design and I like it a lot, just need to look after it now.

Gary