View Single Post
Jun 28, 2018, 02:28 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Thread OP
Hi Ken and Jim, outline approval from both this side and Canada for August 2019. I can taste the Thai food and Jim's coffee already!

Isn't it always that the more reasearch you do, the more complex the subject becomes? I knew about the fairing over the tail end a couple of weeks ago: it must house the tailplane incidence and fin alignment controls and the elevator "up" control wires. I suppose I might have included the latter as a scale detail had I known about it earlier, but instead I have disregarded Ivan's instruction "don't overbuild the tail feathers" and added the housing from scrap 1/16th and a few bits of 1/8th square.

Searching for a better contemporary photo of the shape of the fairing, I came across this beauty of ZK-AEF "Kotuku". But are these external strakes along the fuselage? A single one at the rear and two up front. I thought "they don't appear on any other aircraft, and certainly not on Dorado", but hey, look more closely at Draco and Dorado and there IS some sort of external stiffener at the nose. But only one, and not at the rear end...

Ah well. It's a sport scale model.
Last edited by Sopwith Mike; Jun 29, 2018 at 05:57 AM.