adventureseen's blog - RC Groups
adventureseen's blog View Details
Posted by adventureseen | Feb 03, 2014 @ 03:08 PM | 17,827 Views
Continuing to update the build on this thread.

As of March 5, 2014:

The 650 with NEX and 3 axis gimbal with 15" props and 530kv motors was too under-torqued. Resulting in a crash. It can barely fly with 14" SF props but she has to work really hard to keep it in the air with barely enough lift to move around with. Biggest problem= not enough motor/prop.

I added the Tarot 16mm Clamp Motor Mounts, stretching the frame from 650 to 750 which will give me more room for bigger props and more powerful motors. [URL=""]

I also ordered these 420kv motors: The thought behind ordering motors that are spec for 6s with 14-15" props is to run them with 4s on larger props. Hopefully it works.

Along with some 1755 & 1855 props from Ebay. Here's a link I use to calculate weight for the different setups.

As of Feb 3, 2014:
Here's my build in final tweak phases. It began as a DJI Phantom & has morphed into a far superior Aerial Cinema platform. Flight time is about 5-6 minutes with 2x 4s 5000mahs batteries. Approximate AUW 3780g

Here's a list of the original components from the Phantom: $689 at time of purchase
  • Naza V1 from 1st generation Phantom
  • Power distribution board from Phantom
  • Naza Versatility unit blinky light from Phantom
  • Original GPS unit from
...Continue Reading