Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
davidmc36's blog View Details
Posted by davidmc36 | Jan 20, 2017 @ 02:51 PM | 3,595 Views
This blog entry will detail the install of Tip Switch Stick from RC Technik into a DX18 Stealth.

https://rctechnik.de/stick-switch-Spektrum/10001.html

First entry is of the spare gimbals I acquired. Local member freechip was good enough to hook me up with the donor items. Also in the picture are the sticks that came in the mail today.
Posted by davidmc36 | Jan 12, 2017 @ 05:30 AM | 2,825 Views
The purpose of this thread is to request and exchange from DX18 etc. Airware Transmitters, .spm files with options programmed that are not available via the GUI of smaller channel count transmitters.

Several features that are available in the GUI of higher model Transmitters will function in lower models even though the GUI does not support it.

One must be aware that at times the "Added Feature" will disappear/be re-set if you enter the menu screen where that feature would be programmed.

One example of this is you could program a custom Flight Mode Table in SAIL Model Type and use it on ACRO even though not available in the GUI. But if you entered the F-Mode menu it would revert back to only what was available in ACRO. (Without the radio or release notes in front of me just now I do not recall the latest available ACRO F-Modes and will update this paragraph when I have a chance to look at my Tx or if somebody can pass that info along.)
Posted by davidmc36 | Dec 21, 2016 @ 09:58 PM | 2,905 Views
It is no accident getting a trouble free install. This first one still has a bit of trimming to do.

And one might wonder how I ran Hangar 9 DHC-6 DSM2 DX7 on 4Cell NiMh for two seasons and never had a hitch. It's no accident. Charge fresh and check your antenna installation. If wires are flopping random you may never get a consistent result and never pin down a problem.

The silicone tube install is the TM1000 antenna. Got it clear of all electronics.
Posted by davidmc36 | Nov 01, 2015 @ 08:12 PM | 4,766 Views
Everything fits inside with very minimum trim for the metering block and carb mouth.

Will add a row of small holes below the big opening to put some air directly on the top head fins.
Posted by davidmc36 | Jan 23, 2013 @ 06:22 AM | 7,426 Views
I recently bought a set of Robart 615's that were landing damaged. The previous owner had made some links to lock them down so he sold them to me for an awesome price. Checked out replacement parts form Robart but their crazy shipping and using courier to Canada makes the parts ridiculous in price. So I set about making new links.

Went pretty well so far and they seem to work OK. Ready to try some air in them to see if they go up and down OK and then do finishing touches.

I used the parts drawing from their website and enlarged it until full size. Then cut out the links and used that as a pattern.

There is a nice place to put a jury pin in also.