alpinemike's blog archive for February, 2012 - RC Groups
alpinemike's blog View Details
Archive for February, 2012
Posted by alpinemike | Feb 18, 2012 @ 03:28 AM | 4,576 Views
shot two coats primer onto the wing tonight. It's not a bad start. Next I'll attempt to carefully etch the few panel lines into the new section and clean up any that were buried under the putty. Finally, I think 320-400 grit and one more primer coat. Then prep for a finish color...

I know it sounds like allot. But, ain't nothing compared to plastic modeling!!! Also, I'll fly this model in "pre-loss condition" or better so help Me gawd!!! After I maiden, I may let My self slouch a bit.

I scheming on an complete repaint... Not sure yet... stay tuned.
Posted by alpinemike | Feb 17, 2012 @ 03:21 AM | 4,937 Views
Well, nuthin goin on....bord, tired, grumpy and tired. I have four kids and a grumpy wife. It's ok... She's easy, on the eyes..... not easy... just nice to look at.

No time for working on models saddly I need more room in My shop and still waiting for replacements to the Durafly Mustang..... Looks like I'll have time for repairs in a day or so.... Till then I'm changing diapers kickin lil butts and tryin to keep the misses from kickin mine...
Posted by alpinemike | Feb 09, 2012 @ 11:32 AM | 4,882 Views
Here are some shots after the rough shaping (heavy sanding)...

Next it will get a heavy coat of primer, smooth sanding and fill any sneaker voids....... I will bring her back as close to original as I can...
Posted by alpinemike | Feb 09, 2012 @ 05:02 AM | 5,833 Views
OK, Things are looking up. I spent some time thinking about how to repair the damage done by My dumb a** mistake on Monday. I think I'll have Her all put back together (minus the back ordered prop and cone). soon. Like in a week or less soon. 1. THE DAMAGED WING.2. REMOVED THE SHREDDED SECTION (Just cut that crap out!!) 3.INSTALLED FOAM PLUG. 4-5. ROUGH SHAPE PLUG. 6-7. MIX A BATCH OF "BONDO" AND COAT.
Posted by alpinemike | Feb 03, 2012 @ 03:28 AM | 5,958 Views
Well, Home depot did a fairly good job of matching the nose color. So I did the exhaust manifolds and pipes. Also coated the cowl and spinner to match.

...Continue Reading