FLOEY's blog View Details
Posted by FLOEY | Mar 15, 2008 @ 02:48 AM | 10,890 Views
Bought an Acrobat or X-Twin Pro, Rolling Fury ... you name it.

As everybody else I found it NO GOOD out of the box so I had to
make the recomended modifications and some more.

0. Added rubber string to keep the landing gear on

1. Opened the TX and removed the throttle leaver spring

2. Cut four 2mm long Plastic tube 5x1 and glued these to the
rubber buttons for the elevator/turning leaver

3. Glued a ball cap extension to the elevator/turning leaver to
make it easier to operate. (my own idea)

4. Grinded off hinges tabs to get more down elevator

5. Added wire connections for external TP-425 LiPo charger
(Own idea: I beleive it's better than the TX built in one)

6. Soldered on a 100pF Capacitor to extend TX range
See http://www.xtwin.de (sorry it's in German)

7. Soldered on a 17cm long thin cu wire to the antenna

8. Replaced the "dirty" and broken nose cone with strong
fiber reinforced tape made for ductwork.

9. Ditched the landing Gear

Flying experience so far:
1. This plane needs a sportsfield for flying not a back yard

2. The ground must be soft the slightest breeze and you
may loose control and crash. The nose cone is a MUST!

3. Frequent counter manouvers needed!

4. The plane stalls in thight turns, down elevator solves this!

5. Plane accelerates awesome but also a good glider

6. Avoid flying near roads because of the drag and turbulense

If You are not afraid of doing mods, this...Continue Reading
Posted by FLOEY | Jan 02, 2008 @ 12:09 PM | 5,727 Views
Today after a excelent 20min flight and a few crashes the batteries
was exhausted. Hm.... more Li-Po problems I thought ... !

But it occured to be a broken contact on one of the 3 Li-Po
cells. Then I discovered that the extra battery cells was loose
and after checking further a second contact was also bad.

Resoldered the extra batteries and now the extra Li-Po's are glued
on with Epoxy. This will hopefully be suficcient ... test flight
tomorrow if the weather is calm.

This problem also may have caused charging problems ... but I
hope the cells are not hurt yet ...
Posted by FLOEY | Dec 31, 2007 @ 03:15 AM | 4,989 Views
Increased flight time by replacing the original Li-Po Fullriver 130mah on a Silverlit X-Twin trainer to approx 30min. Used 3 x 130mah Li-Po cells wired in parallel.

The 2 extra Li-Po cells are taped below the upper wing one on each side approx 10mm aft edge-edge. The wires are taped externally to internal battery. The front dummy propeller is removed to save weight.

I'm using a Thunder Power TP-425 as charger. I've not tried the original Silverlit charger in the transmitter on this new power pack.

The plane flies very well now in my view. If You try this modification remember
to try to balance / adjust tail to suit the new additional load.

Hope this may help others to have a fly until You drop experience