Lag_Janson's blog - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Lag_Janson's blog View Details
Posted by Lag_Janson | Jan 09, 2013 @ 09:35 PM | 2,751 Views
Not really a build thread so not making this a big discussion. Just posting some pictures as the plane goes through construction. Er, the final phases, I suppose. It's just a quick build so not worrying about getting every last detail correct. I did modify the plans a bit to make it resemble more of a Beech 18 than as original shown.
Posted by Lag_Janson | Feb 02, 2011 @ 01:32 PM | 2,544 Views
It's going to be a slow, as I only see the plane once a month or so. Preparing to sell the condo so I had to ship it up to my mother's place a few hours away. While dropping it off I pulled out the iron and some covering and was amazed at the results a few hours made. Fuselage sanded and recovered. The stab is covered now as well.

Left to do:
Repair cap strings on the wings
Cover the wings and tail
Paint the cowl

Haven't researched a new motor yet, but I'm trying to keep this one on the cheap side so no Eflite power system for this one.

It'd be nice to have this one readied for spring as well. Walking out to the field with a pair of new warbirds would be great. Unlikely, but great.
Posted by Lag_Janson | Oct 20, 2008 @ 10:06 PM | 2,889 Views
Something inside that plane doesn't like CA... I've done various dumb things with glue, but seeing white fumes drift up at my face is a new one. Enough repairs for tonight, and back to carpenters glue for the remaining repairs. Need to cut some new cross braces anyway.
Posted by Lag_Janson | Aug 06, 2008 @ 06:37 PM | 3,537 Views
This blog space was empty, so I decided to start using it now that I have a plane that can land. The club I joined flies from a grass field, and my Great Planes Headwind B just will not land, no matter how experienced the pilot at the controls. It's been tried by several long time flyers.

This past weekend I finally had a chance to maiden my Mini-Telemaster. Almost happened on Sunday, but the wind picked up once I hit the field, combined with my inexperience it didn't look good. Was going to settle for a taxi test to make sure it could roll on grass, but the solder connection revealed itself to be bad.

So, after further repairs Sunday night, (I'd accidentally kicked it when doing final assembly two weeks before) I had the plane ready for flight on Monday morning. Maiden flight video attached below.

Maiden Flight

I'd discovered after landing that the battery had slid about 2 inches back and was sitting on top of the receiver and ESC. Having a 6cell NIMH slide that far was enough to make it REALLY tail heavy. Being as this was my first ROG, and I'd only "successfully" landed once before on a larger glow trainer, this plane should be in pieces now. Instead, after a few improvements to the battery compartment at the field, I got a second flight which was much smoother, though not much longer. Something still doesn't feel quite right, so I'm doing further adjustments before next flight.