marcfern's blog View Details
Posted by marcfern | Aug 09, 2008 @ 09:55 PM | 3,409 Views
Finally got this build finished and test flown. 80 g AUW with 2 x Futaba servos, 100 mAh Lipo and e-sky 6 channel Rx w/o case. Have to fix the scotch tape hinges, as I went out in the wind yesterday and they blew apart and it took a dive into the hard ground, but thankfully the carbon fibre tape with CA is super strong.

PCM Nano HLG (0 min 22 sec)

Posted by marcfern | May 04, 2008 @ 06:09 PM | 3,433 Views
She's running well now. All sub-micro electronics, speed 300 geared with large prop. The only problem is that at the end of the run my servo got wet and cut out, had to go in after it before the geese got it! ha ha ha.....

Lil' Pirate Treasure in parrots cove (3 min 11 sec)

Posted by marcfern | Apr 26, 2008 @ 08:56 PM | 2,922 Views
Just took it for a run in the local pond....it works great, but seems to chop water at the bow, it planes well, but maybe need to sand the bow a bit smoother??
Posted by marcfern | Feb 14, 2008 @ 12:44 AM | 2,973 Views
I set this little puppy up with plantraco Rx, blue bird 3.6 g servos (elevator and ailerons only - providing barely enough torque! Darn...no knife edging!...or hovering). It's winter and so very cold, so counter to what's considered normal or even practical, I'm running 8xNiMH, 2/3AA, 350 mAh. AUW 220g. 7 dollar brushless from hobbycity...and Vola! It flys great even in some wind....
Posted by marcfern | Dec 26, 2007 @ 04:31 AM | 5,093 Views
I have decided that the right-of-passage for every serious modeler should be building an old balsa wood kit. Mind you in this kit the wing was already done for me (i.e. foam), but I have had this kit sitting around for sometime now and I decided to finally start construction on it.

To be continued....
Posted by marcfern | Nov 21, 2007 @ 12:16 AM | 4,892 Views
This is such a nice looking plane. I'm scared to fly it! I reversed the polarity of the JST as they come backwards (likely to encourage those who can't solder to buy Silverlit battery packs only!). I added a 1/16" carbon rod to the fuse (pushed it in after sharpening one end) and foam rubber to the landing points!