hugo secondname's blog View Details
Archive for March, 2021
Posted by hugo secondname | Mar 19, 2021 @ 09:24 AM | 12,216 Views
Hi,
I've recently acquired an old methanol motor from an rc plane. I've fixed it up, but the tap where you screw the glow plug into the engine head is not fully functional anymore. A dealer at my local hobby shop told me that I could use teflon tape to fix it, by winding it around the glow plug and then screwing it in.

I've read that teflon starts to decompose and release toxic fumes when heated over 260C and also when in direct contact with a flame.
I wanted to know if this would be a safe method to fix the engine or if I'm about to poison myself with teflon fumes.

It would be nice if you could help me out,
Hugo s.