eric_laermans's blog View Details
Posted by eric_laermans | May 29, 2019 @ 04:41 AM | 2,149 Views
Creating a well-balanced rotor took me some time. I used:

- Depron 6mm
- balsa
- ball-bearings
- some carbon booms

The motor needed some down-thrust and I used balsa-sheets for hull and stabilizer. Only one servo is used for rudder and all weight is placed as much at the front as possible.

The secret is balancing the main-rotor as good as possible. It takes quite some time. I am happy with the result so far and plan on creating a bigger Savonius Rotorwing in the future.

savonius rotorwing (1 min 50 sec)