Jim.Thompson's blog View Details
Archive for October, 2011
Posted by Jim.Thompson | Oct 13, 2011 @ 12:54 AM | 4,508 Views
The wing plugs were primed and surfaced adequately so I ventured to spray them with black 2 pack paint. This was my first attempt at using this kind of paint. All was going well when about half way through, I had a power failure!

So I cleaned the gun as best I could without air and put the mixed paint remaining in the mix vessel and took a break. The power came on again about and hour and a half or so later, so I used it and sprayed the rest on the plugs. They came out very rough with severe stippling or "orange peel" finish.
I'm now wet sanding them down again and will most likely have to spray them again.

Posted by Jim.Thompson | Oct 05, 2011 @ 07:50 PM | 4,388 Views
The wing joiner mould is now made and is curing. I plan to make a joiner with carbon tow and a foam core.