rchrist's blog View Details
Posted by rchrist | Mar 28, 2020 @ 10:25 PM | 4,447 Views
Need to make little adjustments and should be good to test when I finish the build. Don't want to un-settle my other K110.

It have the k123 swashplate converted to 3mm from 2.5mm and the washout arms from the k130 - a bit long, but ok I guess.

K110 3 blade tail assembly rotor head testing (0 min 38 sec)

Posted by rchrist | Mar 17, 2020 @ 02:49 PM | 9,096 Views
Pondering which resources to use, I came across a metal swashplate for a v911 while looking for matching size swash balls to use in a hcp100s project. The balls were perfect and then I noticed the v911 swashplate holds a 3mm shaft verses the k110/k120 using a 2.5mm shaft. My pondering was over and now to make it work for my DMD k110 driveline.

K130 3mm main bearing fits the k110 frame perfect. Now, the v911 swashplate is fixpitch and the k110 is collective pitch. So, I popped out both swashplate center portions with the swiveling ball and put the v911 portion into the k110 portion and created a k110 hybrid swashplate for 3mm shafts. Next, I removed the balls from the k110 discarded portion and put hem on the v911 portion being used. After all that, it seemed I could of just changed the swiveling ball, but the v911 is a littler wider.

Big difference in the blade grips travel as the V911 inner portion have longer arms for the balls connecting the dogbones. Little tx tweaking to soften the travel and it’s all nice in conjunction with the tail assembly being used.
Posted by rchrist | Mar 05, 2020 @ 11:47 AM | 6,335 Views
Almost ready to test my project with a tail assembly installed on the main shaft for main rotors. More fitment continues before I loctite and ca three little parts in place. It's not as huge as it looks in the photos and have more than enough power to swing them easily. The rotors didn't needed any washers as they fitted in the grips nicely. Also, I have the frame braced some, so the extra weight wouldn't flex the frame when rotating. I love it so far and once all is tighten and tested, I'll be able to say more.
Posted by rchrist | Mar 04, 2020 @ 02:43 PM | 7,560 Views
I'm finished with the layout and fitment of all parts to use the tail hub/grips on the the K110 main shaft. Everything fits and move nice and smooth. I just need to file/sand and shape the ruff ends then loctite and ca some parts. I will try to set it up for 12 - 14 degrees max travel using the dog bone guide as the bottom stop and the cap on top as the top stop.
Posted by rchrist | Mar 03, 2020 @ 10:45 PM | 7,535 Views
I've prep a tail hub and grips assembly for Gaui X3 to replace the head, feathering shaft, and blade grips with it. The balls I took from the metal grips for k110/k120 and did a little filing to the part that's inserted into the grips. So, the k110 dog bones are a perfect fit and I've got to sleeve the 2.5mm shaft for a 3mm fit. It have thrust bearings in the grip and might need a washer to hold the blades. I few members have done this to their k130 and I'm also preparing one for my K130.
Posted by rchrist | Feb 27, 2020 @ 01:41 AM | 4,080 Views
After hard searching for the proper bearings to adopt the sunnysky 2302 motor for a 2.5mm shaft, no joy without spending to much for one bearing. So, while digging through a bin with odd stuff, I came across some compression tubing inserts (brass and stainless steel) that is perfect for this application, The 2.5mm shaft fits perfect into the inserts. The stainless steel inserts needs little filing on the OD to fit into the 3mm bearings. The brass inserts drops right into the 3mm bearings. I also put a insert into the locking end of the motor with the flared end on the outside. The other inserts length were shortened by filing them short and the flared side of the inserts were placed on the inside. I did not put any loctite between the inserts and bearing race, but, if I need to, I will. So far, it's smooth as .....

The entire driveline of the 3mm hisky hcp100s can also be adopted to the k110 to avoid what I did with the inserts. If I didn't find the inserts, hcp100s driveline would of been my choice. And it's probably more robust.
Posted by rchrist | Feb 26, 2020 @ 03:33 PM | 4,036 Views
K110 DMD with my modded k120 to k110 skid for a 300mah 2s lipo.

The brushless motor is a sunnysky 2302 v3 1500kv for 3mm shaft and I added support for a 2.5mm main shaft. The k110 was previously a 2s with k120 brushless motor and this gear less set have lots more torque. With the motor mounted flush to the frame it offers much needed frame support that stops the flexing on the driveline that could break the main shaft guide.

It have two new esc with one for a 2s brushless tail with a 10000kv 1103 motor. The tail esc is running blheli firmware for tail. Holding nice. I also painted the frame and skid and regret it as I don't like it. Will do it over with new frame and a fresh modded skid.

I've done the same (DMD) for two k130 and I like this build best.
Posted by rchrist | Feb 26, 2020 @ 03:06 PM | 3,577 Views
Besides carrying a larger 2s lipo, my modded k120 skid adds better front support and ground clearance than the k110 stock skid.