springer's blog View Details
Archive for March, 2008
Posted by springer | Mar 20, 2008 @ 10:18 PM | 19,429 Views
Tried a second iteration of the fold/monobloc fuse in a full fuse Parkflyer Pete. I used gpw's templates for the profile Pete and traced the fuse on the folded blucor (had to make the fold, as I only have the high perf which doesn't have built in folds - make the fold along the waves not across them, I learned) I used the Bendfold fixture to make the wide line along the center of fuse in side view instead of the bottom as in the first version was pretty easy to get symmetrical. a bulkhead and the monobloc helped. GG for laminations and hot melt for butt joints to hold it all together. Used three layers of blucore for the monobloc on this one.
Posted by springer | Mar 20, 2008 @ 10:03 PM | 19,184 Views
Here's the finished product of the folded fuse experiment. a sortoF6F. I got into the build and it kept looking like a WW2 plane, so searched and discovered I'd reinvented the F6F Hellcat. . . sortof. Found a pill bottle that makes a great cowl. Original wing was OC pink fff, but I trashed it in a tree. So rebuilt in blucore. Thats why two different wing colors. She flys nice, here's the link to her thread: