flyinjrc74's blog View Details
Archive for April, 2015
Posted by flyinjrc74 | Apr 04, 2015 @ 05:23 AM | 34,003 Views
I built this and flew it over 300 times before crashing it last spring due to a JUNK DX9. Originally it had a 78" wingspan but after some consideration I decided to use a 55" Sky Surfer wing so I could take it to the field in one piece. The vertical stap is from a Meteor EDF jet and the horizontal stab was pulled from a ST Models DG1000. It uses the same Venom 1925kv motors swinging 6x3 Graupner 4 blade props. She uses two 3s 2200 lipos powering each for over 20 minutes of flight time.

It is now much lighter and more compact than its predecessor. It has better power to weight ratio and flies super. It now has 4 test flights and a canopy to cover the steering servo. Paint used is Satin Black Krylon Fusion which adheres well to EPO foam. I hope to see another 300 flights and more out of it, I have gotten alot of video and enjoyment out of this aircraft designed by me.