RCWorks's blog View Details
Posted by RCWorks | Jun 19, 2021 @ 11:56 PM | 39,540 Views
I started my jointer project. It was a mess this picture was taken after taking a coarse sharpening stone to the top for a good hour. It had a layer of rust on it that was beginning to pit the surface.

I could have opted to build a fixture and have the in and ot feed tables ground but I don't think it was worth the time and expense.

I ordered new knives and bearings for it.

Someone had been in it for bearings some time in it's past and was a bit brutal to it with a hammer. It had a couple of hickies on the cutter head from the attack.

The shaft was galled up a bit as well. Some file work restored it to functionality.