BladeScraper's blog View Details
Archive for June, 2013
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 29, 2013 @ 08:56 PM | 2,956 Views
Progress on the 25" foamy build...

I used Super Glue brand "Fix All" adhesive to glue the carbon fiber strip into place in the wing, but I didn't have enough, so I used the glue that came with the HobbyKing Autogyro (smells and looks just like welders glue) to finish gluing it in.

I took the spray nozzle straw off of a can of carburetor cleaner (not used) to make the motor mount. I "drilled" (and by drilled I mean tearing) holes in the front fuselage. I again used the Auto-G Welders knock off glue to glue them into place. As you can see it didn't work on one of them...I put the glue on the straw, but it instantly bonded with the foam when it touched, causing a giant hole to be ripped into the fuselage. I improvised by gluing the straw and then just gluing the sides together. Then I covered it with nylon-reinforced tape to make it less ugly.
...Continue Reading
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 27, 2013 @ 04:45 PM | 3,055 Views
Thinking about buying a new case soon.... here is the result....
Put this over the foam in the new case and pluck out the squares as shown....

Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 25, 2013 @ 05:54 PM | 3,375 Views
LOL OK so the batteries in my DX6i (alkaline) were dead, so I was going to change them out to the stock Ni-MH batteries and charge the Tx....well apparently I forgot to change the batteries out for the Ni-MH and ended up charging the Alkaline batteries!!!! Good thing they didn't blow up... they were 6.4V at the time...

Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 23, 2013 @ 10:47 PM | 2,928 Views
Pics of my new plank
It's a delta 3D'er

WS is 24"
...Continue Reading


Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 21, 2013 @ 05:18 PM | 2,757 Views
My new tail motor for my mCP X BL arrived - and it still doesn't work. I think my main board is crapping out. It will connect to the transmitter normally (I guess the magic smoke didn't do too much harm) and all the servos and motor function fine, but the tail does not. I am gonna call HH and see if they will replace it...if not, I am gonna see if MegaMicros can repair it.
Not happy.
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 19, 2013 @ 09:35 PM | 3,298 Views
Quote from someone on HeliFreak:
Wanted to calibrate the governor with a full load instead of using a partially changed battery with the blades off. Strapped my 500 down to a coffee table with bungee cords passed through the frame (not the skids) and a towel between the skids and the table to prevent ground resonance.

Looked good and secure, what would possibly go wrong?

Ran it up to full throttle/collective and it started to move the table

Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 19, 2013 @ 07:09 PM | 3,434 Views

A friend of mine has a G500 for sale for $700 including ESC, Motor, and a few other stuff, but IM SO POOR
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 17, 2013 @ 09:48 PM | 3,882 Views
Haven't made a Blog entry in a while.
I was just doing a RF6.5 Photoshoot.

Here are a LOT of pictures ...Continue Reading
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 05, 2013 @ 10:23 PM | 4,143 Views
Some pics of my 450
Almost done!

Front view

Tail case super close shot

Gyro and stuff
...Continue Reading
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 05, 2013 @ 12:41 PM | 3,791 Views
My OCD is exploding right now...

Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 04, 2013 @ 10:59 PM | 3,348 Views
Made some progress today

T-Pro SG-90 x3

Servos, ESC, Etc. In Place

Close Up Of Servos
...Continue Reading
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 03, 2013 @ 09:35 PM | 3,553 Views
Got a little done with my new heli

Got the head and tail loctited (although, 95% of the screws and grub screws already had loctite on them, only 2 of like 50 didn't! Excellent job, unknown clone manufacturer! )

Got the tail and frame mostly assembled

For a size comparison, this is what I am used to working with, the T-Rex 250SE tail boom.
...Continue Reading
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 01, 2013 @ 10:35 PM | 4,048 Views
Blade mCP X BL T-Rex Style Paper Canopy
Posted by BladeScraper | Jun 01, 2013 @ 08:10 AM | 3,176 Views