Yoyocafe's blog - RC Groups
Yoyocafe's blog View Details
Posted by Yoyocafe | Dec 25, 2013 @ 10:21 PM | 4,028 Views
Added the pilot, dashboard and landing gear struts. On the maiden flight the plane didn't want to stop climbing, so I adjusted the wing incidence and she flew great!
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 25, 2013 @ 07:39 PM | 4,054 Views
The Aerobipe is just about done. I need a tailwheel and then I can maiden her.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 20, 2013 @ 07:17 PM | 3,738 Views
Started covering the fuselage. Mostly it went well, but working around the cabanes and working the headrest was a pain. It looks good from 5 feet!
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 19, 2013 @ 02:09 PM | 3,804 Views
I put all the pieces together to get a general idea of where the CG on this is going to fall. Pretty close so far! I hope the covering doesn't throw it off much. Also making the struts and putting them in place.
I already need to clean the workspace off again!
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 16, 2013 @ 08:36 AM | 4,388 Views
Working on the fuselage a little more, finally gave the pilot a place to sit. Covered a little more of the plane while waiting for glue and filler to dry.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 13, 2013 @ 07:43 PM | 3,806 Views
One thing that became apparent to me after viewing these pictures is - Man! I really need to clean my work area! :-)

I'm not ready to cover the whole thing yet, but I want to see how it work come out. I haven't had to cover a plane since I was a kid building a $2 Guillow's kit. I never could get the tissue paper to stick. I'm glad they have the iron on covers now.

Anyway, I covered the stabilizer to see how I liked the color, and to test my skill with putting the covering on. It came out pretty good.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 11, 2013 @ 02:18 PM | 4,248 Views
Still working out the cowl. I remade the motor mount so the engine sits a little higher in the frame and sheeted the underside upfront. I'm not really happy with the battery cover, it seems a little weak and hard to remove. Maybe I'll cut it again in front of the cabane. Hmmmm.....
Posted by Yoyocafe | Nov 02, 2013 @ 06:20 AM | 4,308 Views
All the wings are straight and leveled. I've worked out the servers and the aileron hinges, the magnets for holding the cowl on and changed the wings from rubber band mounting to screws. I've mounted the landing gear by wrapping the music wire in rubber tubing and using nylon straps to attach it to the fuselage. I'm hoping the little bit of rubber will give it some shock absorbing capability....Continue Reading
Posted by Yoyocafe | Oct 29, 2013 @ 07:29 PM | 4,105 Views
Got the bottom wing screwed on and the landing gear soldered together. Still working out a way to attach the gear to the fuse. The plans call for rubber bands but I'm thinking of using nylon ties screwed into the bottom plate.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Oct 26, 2013 @ 08:15 PM | 4,195 Views
Managed to ge the top sheeted with to breaking too much wood. :-) I've made a removable battery hatch where the instructions put a gas tank. I've got to get some magnets to hold it closed
Posted by Yoyocafe | Oct 24, 2013 @ 07:30 PM | 4,137 Views
Got some more work done on the fuselage today. Put in the main formers and glued it all together.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Oct 23, 2013 @ 07:24 PM | 4,824 Views
finished the tail and started working on the fuselage.
Posted by Yoyocafe | Oct 17, 2013 @ 04:58 PM | 4,786 Views
Building an old Sig Aerobipe... This is my the first balsa kit I've built so I thought I would post some picture and document the process.