Bdonby's blog View Details
Posted by Bdonby | Apr 17, 2017 @ 01:14 PM | 3,763 Views
I'm an absolute beginner here, trying to learn as I go to keep up with my son who has took an interest in rc cars.
So I bought my first brushless motor with a 25A ESC. I have a 2.4Ghz Tx and rx. I have just purchased 2 identical (supposedly) 14.8v 40c 1300mAH Lipo batteries. My esc has a deans connector but my battery came with a XT60 connector. So I bought a imax B6 mini charger which came with a connector from deans to XT60. Great I thought, so I connected my motor to the esc, attached my rx to the esc and then attached the connecting wire to the deans plug on the esc and finally just attached my battery to the connector.... as soon as I attached the battery the connector wires burnt straight off with a massive puff of smoke, I quickly managed to pull the battery off and let the smoke out. The connector wire is burnt to a crisp but everything else 'seems' fine.
I don't know what I have done wrong... I read somewhere that it could be a polarity problem but I thought surely not as it is all brand new equipment.
So I got the other 'identical' battery out and then noticed, the power wires are different on each of them, black and red with the XT60 connector on opposite ways round on each battery. Now i don't dare try anything with either battery. Is there an easy way of checking or is it something else and simple that I've made a complete newbie mistake????
Please, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks