ed foster's blog View Details
Posted by ed foster | Feb 07, 2009 @ 04:55 AM | 2,756 Views
Here is the stabilator, next I'll start assembling the fuselage.I know I'm slow but I usually build two or three projects at once, keeps me from being bored.
Posted by ed foster | Jun 16, 2008 @ 10:22 PM | 3,426 Views
Well I'm finally back, sorry I was gone so long. Tom you must think that I gave up not so. Sometimes things juat happen. I have the front cockpit section of the fuselage done. I have the stabillator control done. I lot of things need to get completed before I can complete the fuselage. Because when you button up the rear section of the fuselage all the controls have to be connected. So stay tuned for more.

Ed
Posted by ed foster | Nov 11, 2007 @ 12:07 AM | 3,166 Views
Well I finally got some time to finish the fin and rudder. As you will see it looks good in the Hollister glider club colors. You will notice one problem I used low tack tape and it didn"t seal like it should so I had some bleed thru.Oh well ! I'll recover it and use my sons new air brush next time with right tape for the job. Now on to the stabilator.
Posted by ed foster | Oct 17, 2007 @ 11:13 PM | 2,971 Views
I've finished the fin and rudder. The fin is covered with 1/64 th ply and then covered with Sig Koverall and nitrate dope. the rudder is covered with koverall and nitrate dope. I dont' have any photos to post but will do so next time.I will be gone for a few days. Going up to visalia for the aero tow and to visit friends. Hopefully I can get started on the stabilator next week.

Ed
Posted by ed foster | Oct 04, 2007 @ 06:37 PM | 3,375 Views
Here are the fin and rudder. The rudder was a little tricky. the web is very thin and sanding the trailing edge was tedious. But the final resuilt was worth the effort.
Posted by ed foster | Oct 03, 2007 @ 11:08 PM | 3,307 Views
I waited a few months to get my kit. It arrived on my birthday. The laser cutting is first rate. But upon inspection I found all the laser cut parts for the fuselage over size. I called Tom and he said he would send the correct size parts ( the problem was he has a different program than his kit cutter ). Since that time I went on vacation and started back to work. While I'm waiting for the correct size parts I sarted on the tail feathers. I will try to post photos as I progress. This is a great looking glider in full scale and will be a different model for the flying field.