yosemitez's blog View Details
Archive for December, 2013
Posted by yosemitez | Dec 28, 2013 @ 01:48 PM | 5,557 Views
KK2.1 and QAV400, initial tuning

Previous kk2 settings for flat out fpv runs, dives and hillside proximity
Roll/Pitch 50/100/50/20
Yaw 67/20/67/10
Stick Scaling 40/40/50/90
TX Expo 40

KK2.1 settings, FW stevis 1.10
Roll/Pitch 300/100/225/20
Yaw 225/20/175/10
Stick Scaling 9/9/9/90
Self Level P Gain 50 - P Limit 20. Acc Trim Roll Corrects left/right while drift while in sl, i set to -8 as it was drifting right. Acc Trim Pitch is forward/backward drift
MPU6050-SETTINGS Gyro 2000, ACC 4, Filter 256
TX Expo 45

I would think that the stock settings for the FW HK 1.6 in PI Editor (Roll 50/100/25/20, Yaw 50/20/50/10) would be so tame as to make it zombie like but if you were in SL just starting it might be ok for first flights. The Stick Scaling (30/30/50/90) on the other hand would make it so sensitive you might have a hard time controlling it unless you had tons of expo in the TX. The stock P Gain and P Limit (100/20) in Self Level make it really snap back to level. 50/20 is more tame and not as abrupt.

KK2.1 and QAV400, initial tuning (7 min 25 sec)

Posted by yosemitez | Dec 24, 2013 @ 04:29 PM | 4,747 Views
Just a note to myself on the settings I had for the KK2 on my QAV400 before installing the KK2.1
Roll/Pitch 50/100/50/20
Yaw 67/20/67/10
Stick Scaling 40/40/50/90
TX Expo 40
Posted by yosemitez | Dec 23, 2013 @ 12:40 PM | 4,603 Views
Cruzing in the burn zone (1 min 24 sec)

QAV400
Posted by yosemitez | Dec 15, 2013 @ 06:45 PM | 4,532 Views
Had over a thousand flights on the QAV400 with no problems when out of the blue while FPVing the screen went dark for a couple of seconds. Luckily I was able to recover and land. Upon careful inspection the + wire that powers the VTX system had almost completely broke off where it attaches to the PDB !! I was real lucky as when the screen went dark I was very close to myself where just the flight before I had gone out 4,000'.

I had it soldered to the PDB and then hot glue and then a zip tied further down the line. The combination of being soldered 90% to frame and that little slack allowed it to flex and finally fail.

This time I soldered inline to the frame, hot glue on the solder and then down the wires and then ziptied allowing for no flex.

Hope this works as it sucks when the screen goes dark!