quigley257's blog View Details
Posted by quigley257 | Mar 03, 2009 @ 08:49 PM | 13,441 Views
This is a build log for a Parma Aero Tiger. This is a kit that was given to me by jcstalls here on the groups during his generous Christmas giveaway. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=971139
I have been wanting a simple trainer type aircraft to build with my middle daughter who is interested in flying. We finally got started on it tonight. We will be using Titebond III wood glue for most of the construction. She is already looking through the covering box picking out colors!! We got most of the left wing panel done this evening. She is patient and exacting when it comes to building things so I think the kit will turn out well. Pictures and updates will continue as construction and time allows.

--quigley ...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | Mar 01, 2009 @ 09:13 PM | 11,514 Views
Here are some pictures of the Stingeron that Adam of Wyoming Wind Works http://wyowindworks.com/ gave away here on the groups last Christmas( https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966165 ) . Thanks again for doing this generous giveaway!! Since it was a "Full Kit", there was VERY little to do as far as "building"... it would be better summed up as "final assembly" . The level of prefabrication on the full kit is excellent and has to be seen to be believed. The wings were complete, needing only touch-up sanding and finishing. I chose to use iron-on covering to finish the wings instead of painting them. Monokote trim sheet was used to add color to the tail surfaces which were supplied bagged in white. The covering used on the wings was fluorescent orange Ultracote followed by black Monokote. To save as much weight as possible, I cut all the pieces of wing covering separately. The fluorescent orange was applied first and was cut oversized by 1/4". This allowed the black Monokote to overlap slightly and ensure a good seal/bond. Hitec HS85MG servos were used per the included building DVD which is very well done and fully explains the building process. A 4.8v square pack is fitted in the nose and despite the pictures, I will be using a Hitec Electron 6 receiver for guidance with my Evo 9. Assembly of a full kit is very quick and easy thanks to the amount of work done for you by Adam in his shop.

I will be building a transport box...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | Jun 28, 2008 @ 10:00 PM | 21,543 Views
I won't call this a build thread. There are plenty of great threads here on the groups covering the building and modification of the TS II. I built this one pretty much stock with the exception of upgrading to brushless power. I used Turnigy 3530-1100 motors from Hobby City. Also from HC are the Plush 25A speed controllers. I also elected to use the Turnigy 5A UBEC. The motors are turning counter-rotating GWS 9x5 three blade propellers.

All parts were wet sanded to remove the "nubs" found on all MPX kits. The parts were then given a good cleaning with acetone. Paint is Testors spray paint right out of the rattle cans. I used to build plastic models and have quite a stockpile of this kind of paint.

Another modification from stock is that I ran the ESCs outside the wing instead of burying the wires in along the wing joiner rod. I did this to make them easier to get at if they ever needed servicing. I made some simple fairings out of EPP to cover the ESCs and their wires.

More details with the pictures.

--quigley ...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | May 20, 2008 @ 08:12 PM | 19,954 Views
This is a build of a Quickie 500 model that I got from fanfoldfan here on the groups. It is a short kit with laser cut ribs. I built it as light as I could because I will be making it E-power. I will add more details when time permits.

--quigley ...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | Apr 30, 2008 @ 07:04 PM | 14,398 Views
A few pictures of another project. This started life as a "Southwind" sailplane that I purchased on eBay. It is designed to be either RES or REF control. The kit is a 99" Max Mills design by Hobby Hangar. I elected to go with spoilers just to keep things a little simpler. The kit was missing quite a bit of wood as well as the instructions, so it will be modified from stock in a number of areas. I will try to note in the photos the modifications.

--quigley ...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | Mar 28, 2008 @ 06:28 PM | 13,466 Views
I thought I would put these pictures up . They were taken at the 2007 LEGfest at Leading Edge Gliders shop and Lake Wilson in Lucas Kansas. Some were posted a while back, but some of these were not.

Most importantly, a huge THANK YOU!! to Jack and Tracy for making this a fun, safe, and memorable event. I'm looking forward to attending the next one!

Enjoy!! --quigley ...Continue Reading
Posted by quigley257 | Jan 29, 2007 @ 09:25 PM | 13,785 Views
Just a few pics of my new AC power supply. I made it by following the information found here... http://web2.murraystate.edu/andy.bat...OWERSUPPLY.HTM
Very easy conversion to make a reliable power supply. PC power supplies can be purchased for $5 to $20 new or used at any computer parts or repair shop. I set this one up with binding posts for +5v, ground, and +12v. It will mainly be used with a Triton charger for in-house charging.