KristofferR's blog View Details
Archive for June, 2019
Posted by KristofferR | Jun 21, 2019 @ 01:53 AM | 4,044 Views
During the last slope visit with the Fox I had some serious problems seeing the planes attitude. In the sun there was no problem but again a grey overcast sky it was tricky.

The paint job is very striking but not optimal for visibility. In particular the small chess square pattern on the wings underside looks great up close but from a distance it becomes just a slight red/pink colour. The wingtips are orange and red on the upper side and they look the same when the distance increases.

Almost any pattern thatís not extremely clear becomes a camouflage when the distance increases and I decided to simplify the graphics.

The chess pattern stickers was removed from the bottom and I added two large black stripes. On the top I took away the black letters and increased the orange area on the wingtips and elevator.

Finally I glued some medium grit sandpaper to the fuselage sides to help with the launching. Itís really difficult to hold the big fuselage in one hand on the slope!

Also, some improvised servo covers and some tidying up of the canopy.
Posted by KristofferR | Jun 21, 2019 @ 01:38 AM | 4,038 Views
I always had a soft spot for the Ridge Runt, itís a cute plane. And now a used Coyote ended up on my building board!

There was a 380 brush motor installed , I removed it and embarked on making a new nose cone and fitting a canopy from a Graupner Terry.

Before starting the finish work I threw it a few times and it flew well. To balance CG I had to put a 1200 NiMH pack up front!

The remedy is on - moving the elevator servo forward of the CG to avoid heavy ballasting and also cutting every gram off the tail, currently removed 5-6 grams in total.

I hope it will be fun on the slopes but my expectations are not high with the flat bottom wind profile.