burkefj's blog View Details
Archive for March, 2007
Posted by burkefj | Mar 15, 2007 @ 01:09 PM | 8,801 Views
Just finished my Alpha F-86, Instead of getting the clear plastic covers for the inlet, I decided to try using gorilla glue to fill the front of the fuselage inlet to stiffen it. It worked quite well, however being the first time I used it, I used too much and had to scrape as it expanded, I did wind up having to trim about 1/8" of the front of the fuse foam to allow it to seat back all the way into the plane, but it is pretty stiff now I did use a roll of Photo paper with some silver mylar around it to extend the std duct to exit the rear of the
plane and smooth the exit a bit.

I've set it up with the mp jet motor, and TP1320 pack, AUW is 15.9 oz.

We'll see if it flies as well as my Mig.

Posted by burkefj | Mar 12, 2007 @ 06:50 PM | 7,332 Views
My GWS ME-262, non scale paint, but influenced highly by my
LOC V-2 flying on a K-550