Merovech's blog View Details
Posted by Merovech | Jan 20, 2022 @ 11:47 PM | 3,386 Views
Repairs are coming along slowly. I finally decided to start repairing the tail and found the F-16 part (horizontal stabilizer) was no going to fit well. So I ended up using half of a V900's horizontal stabilizer instead.

After fitting the half into the mount, adding a bit of carbon fiber tubing along with a couple of nylon screws and carbon fiber rods, it was time for finishing the canopy attachment: magnets.

Then came the initial electrical trial with the servos and the AR637TA from my Conscendo. After a couple of adjustments, everything seemed good.

Next, I'll add in flaps to slow for landings, after that will be the bottom plate and retracts.
Posted by Merovech | Nov 27, 2021 @ 11:39 AM | 24,754 Views
Hope everyone had a great week. Our family met at Grandmother's house in Arkansas, she has a 10 acre field which was very nice for flying in. Wish I had brought more planes!

Posted by Merovech | Nov 16, 2021 @ 07:50 PM | 6,915 Views
Decided to work on the Turbo Timber fuselage, as I had not figured out how to finish up the wing pod for the U-2.

Used a lot of Gorilla glue to fix all the cracks, resecure the motor mount, added carbon fiber rod to help straighten out the compression, and buffed out the excess on the exterior. Put on the new cowling, and found I had the TT Evolution cowl. It's a little short, but will have to do for the time being. Put on the old prop adapter, new prop and spinner. Glued the rudder and ground tested in the front yard.

Maiden flight was at Waymer RC Field. Conducted about 10 flights on three batteries. Had to adjust the aileron and rudder trim a bit.

Finally made just the wing pod for the U-2 from a bit of EPO foam from another unfortunate EDF. Next is the pod skid.
Posted by Merovech | Nov 07, 2021 @ 08:16 PM | 7,424 Views

Repairs Conscendo is behind the newer one.
Posted by Merovech | Nov 06, 2021 @ 09:55 AM | 17,464 Views
Canopy after repairs (still needs a magnet on the leading edge)

Wingtip: used foam board cuts, glued and sanded.
Posted by Merovech | Nov 04, 2021 @ 06:36 PM | 21,125 Views
Conscendo Evolution (CE): Finished fuselage (added a pair of carbon rods to each side), reprogrammed the AR636B out of the U-2, and made a new battery hatch out of two different (broken) CE battery hatches - no plastic clip, so two magnets and two bits of metal AND a rubber band. There's about a 3/8" of compression still present. Initial power up seemed good - but at Waymer field, I found it was not flyable. Reprogrammed again and flew it the next day in fairly Windy conditions. Three flights and no issues.

U-2: Buffed up the wingtip replacement and decided to use paper to cover it. Will attach the wingtip , buff again, then wrap with paper.

Next in line is a crashed Turbo Timber. Significant fuselage damage up front, with compression on the left side. Needs a new cowling, spinner, prop, and prop adapter. The plastic "frame" inside the fuselage holding the motor mount and motor cracked and left the assembly handing on by the four carbon rods.
Posted by Merovech | Oct 29, 2021 @ 09:36 AM | 19,412 Views
Slowly getting things done:

U-2: Canopy ~90% completed. Just needs a front magnet and an inside support between the two clear pieces
Tail Completed the Vertical Stabilizer tail mount and started shaping to fit over the horizontal stabilizer. Deciding on front angle for Vert Stab...
Wingtip Cut off jagged edge and built replacement out of foam board (shaped and glued 10 pieces together). Fits

Conscendo Evolution I: peeled off decals from fuselage and applied steam for quite awhile. Took the forward two pieces and put them into a large can (extended) and steamed them for a few minutes. They came out gator skinned, but this foam pressed back in, mostly. So it looks pretty good. Will glue fuselage back together with carbon fiber next.
Posted by Merovech | Oct 06, 2021 @ 09:33 PM | 11,889 Views
Been a heck of a year. Picked up several new planes - crashed a few of them too. Here's the current status:

Field (RTF): Conscendo Evolution II, RocHobby P-39, RocHobby Waco*, EFlite Staggerwing 480, UMX Turbo Timber, UMX Champ

Hangar I (repairs) ,FreeWing F/A 18E, UMX Cessna, UMX Turbo Timber

Hangar II (major repairs) Phase 3 U-2, Conscendo Evolution I

Field (storage/parts) UMX Turbo Timber, Typhoon 2, Big Bird

I'll post photos of a few of these here eventually. I have some uploaded on Instagram already