CoolerByTheLake's blog View Details
Archive for December, 2011
Posted by CoolerByTheLake | Dec 30, 2011 @ 04:20 PM | 18,437 Views
Got the rewound motor back from Lee on Wed, 28th. Time to assemble. All went together as expected. I spent I great deal of time lining up all the right parts, and now that it's done, it's kind of a downer. BUT, on the up side, I have, like many of you, a 3-day weekend to look forward to. Clean up the work area, and get back to working on the plug. Happy New Years, to all.

Here's what Lee came up with---

Hey Mark, well the motor did fine, but the ESC flamed after running at 130a for a only a few 30 second runs.

The voltage on my Turnigy 25c lipos was dropping to about 3.4v per cell, for a total voltage of 41v. I was planning on testing by using 12s2p so that it would hold at 44v, but the esc didn`t make it that far.

On 12s 25s 5000 cells the numbers were

26k rpm
This is going to give about 15lbs of thrust and about 220mph efflux

On really good lipos that will hold 44v it will be more like.........

28 rpm
17lbs thrust
240 efflux aprox

That`s all I can do on the testing. That was the only big esc that I had.
Posted by CoolerByTheLake | Dec 12, 2011 @ 06:38 PM | 18,472 Views
Thanks to Hofer, who has provided a great deal of info and measurements. Were on to the filets. The plans you get from Y/A have (zero) measurements, and are not to scale. So a great deal of thought and measuring needs to take place first. the old saying, measure once, cut twice doesn't apply here!!! For the stab insert, I cut 2 different airfoils, one at 100% the other at 106%. This way when I get the insert squared, and incedence set, I can line up the 100% template, and sand it to get a nice tappered filet. The tough part is to get a -5* on each side to get proper anhedral. Wing will be same method, but needs 2.5* dihedral each side. I got this far, just another hurdle to jump.