bwoollia's blog View Details
Posted by bwoollia | Jun 27, 2015 @ 05:38 PM | 17,055 Views
Crash Compilation (4 min 23 sec)

Posted by bwoollia | Jun 26, 2015 @ 12:15 PM | 14,645 Views
Posted by bwoollia | May 23, 2015 @ 10:49 PM | 15,365 Views
Posted by bwoollia | Apr 11, 2015 @ 09:28 PM | 16,008 Views
Posted by bwoollia | Aug 20, 2014 @ 12:33 AM | 16,924 Views
NEW Voltron GPS Black Box (13 min 51 sec)

Posted by bwoollia | Jun 22, 2014 @ 02:00 PM | 17,391 Views
Here's a quick video from footage I took from this year's event!

Warbirds Over Pikes Peak 2014 (8 min 26 sec)

Posted by bwoollia | Jun 02, 2014 @ 04:49 PM | 17,724 Views
Dynam Me-262 with XRP-14 Fans (4 min 4 sec)

Another flight with the Me-262, this time with some onboard footage. The nosegear collapsed on the landing on this flight, it is the E-Flite 105 degree nosegear. Still works!
Posted by bwoollia | May 28, 2014 @ 07:17 PM | 17,044 Views
Texas R/C L-19 Midair Break-up and Crash (3 min 12 sec)

I wanted to get some video of club member Keith's Texas R/C L-19, I was very surprised when it came apart in the air! Apparently this is a weak spot on this model, which is a lightweight design that is probably better suited for an electric application.
Posted by bwoollia | Apr 27, 2014 @ 06:31 PM | 18,787 Views
I've been working on this project for a while but I haven't shared much here on the forums yet. Sort of a private project! However, I'm just so happy with how it's turning out that I have to post a few photos.

Essentially, I have taken the FlyFly MiG-15 and glassed the wings. I was going to glass the fuselage as well, but decided to just coat it with a finishing resin - in retrospect I should have glassed that too. But more of that later.

The striking thing about this model is the aluminum finish. This was accomplished with aluminum tape from the hardware store, which was then roughed up with Scotchbrite pads. I have also added rivet detail with a "rotating pin spurwheel".

The aluminum tape worked best on the surfaces which were glassed (and filled, sanded). One the surfaces where only the epoxy resin was applied, often the foam showed through from below - this was not always the case however and when smoothed with a hard, flat object (like the handle of the scissors I used to cut the tape) the surface smoothed out nicely.

As for the rivet lines, I drew those on with a washable marker on the surface with a straight edge (mostly), then followed the lines with the spiky wheel.

As I did each part of the model, I was mostly happy with the effect. When I put the model together I was blown away by the effect! Very nice! I have yet to do some finishing touches (retracts, ailerons, a bit of electronics, etc) and put it in the sun however I expect...Continue Reading
Posted by bwoollia | Apr 11, 2014 @ 05:35 PM | 17,496 Views