Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes
Scale Kit/Scratch Built
PT-22 by Peter Rake
PT-22 by Peter Rake
Thread starter's only
Callie Graphics did a wonderful job. The small 'US Army' is for the sides of the fuselage. It's not scale but I find it more interesting than a number. Just ask for the 'Peter Rake's PT-22' decal set.
Bottom fuse half soaking up some Titebond
Right about now I'm wondering if I should have put the battery tray in. No worries, it bowed easy enough to fit the tabs into F3B & F6. Might even be simpler to do it this way.
Top keel really doin' a number on that former.
Made some wedges to get some side pressure for a good glue joint.
Nothing flat on this bird. Had to use paint sticks to set my weights on.
Had to make sure my 4000mAh & 5000mAh packs would fit. The 5000's fit but will probably fly it with the 4000's.
My little girl is so shy. Pull a camera out and she has to be in the shot.
Ammonia soaked and drying to shape.
Dried strips holding their shape well
Pinned and clamped.
Ditto on the wing tips.
All lams done, waiting on the stab to dry.
Found the charger for my JVC camera, much better photos.
Basic framing done, now to get in there and hit all the details.
I've built so many flat wing jets lately I almost forgot about setting the dihedral.
The very last rib is a custom fit piece. I used the ply rib R8 as a sanding template to whip out a couple of "R10's". There will be much more trimming done to these before it's over with. But this gives me a good starting point for the final sha
Not much to putting the top hatch together. Squared up some scraps of balsa and CA'ed in place to hold the formers in check while the Titebond dries. The triangles also double as "clamps" keeping the formers tight on the deck.
Flap servo location. Note the 1/16 shims underneath to allow for sheeting and cap strips.
Look close and you can see them LOL
Flap & ails will be cut out after some preliminary sanding. Decided to forgo the semi-permanent servo install. Made some hatch mounts out of lite ply. ...I can hear Pete groan all the way across the Atlantic. ;-)
I used the hole the wing joiner (DH1) fell out of as a template to make a smaller joiner out of ¼" ply. Then sanded it down to the same taper as DH1A and slipped it in place between DH1 & the bass wing spars.
Also used the holes of of R1C to make some dead wood pieces for the wing center sheeting to land on around the front LG blocks.
Hardwood dowel for wing/fuse strut mount.
Luv strip planking.
Most of the of the forward fuse section is close enough in dia. to allow for large sheet areas.
Got a good snug fit on the wing saddle.
Need to add R10 to Lt wing tip, do a final sand, cut the flaps & ails out and the wing will be ready for covering.
Luv the flaps
Needs some scale detailing
I promise, the chrome MKote looks worse in person
Dry fit the jugs
Pilot test fit. Lookin' tall in the saddle here, I've since cut him down about 1" and now he looks the proper size.
Quick servo tray out of some scrap ply.
You could hold a dance in the batt compartment now.
Need some decals, wing struts & wires
Wind screen framing
Vac formed (functional) scoop over cooling hole inlet
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top