Aircraft - General
CG Tiger 60 Kit Electric Conversion
CG Tiger 60 Kit Electric Conversion
Thread starter's only
The obligatory box photo.
And inside the box.
Here are the electronics I'm planning to use.
The inside fuselage re-enforcements and doubled firewall all glued into place.
Batteries fitting (just) through the stock hatch opening!!
Rear view of batteries going in the hatch.
Batteries fully inserted rear view.
Batteries fully inserted top view.
My motor standoffs. The bolts are 6-32 x 3". I red thread locked the hex nut near the head of the bolt so I can use a hex drive, philips head, or straight blade screwdriver.
Here's all the parts assembled. I'll have to trim off the end of the bolts so they don't stick out beyond the firewall. The nuts and washers on the right are there just to hold things in place for now. The firewall has 6-32 blind nuts JB Welded into place
Here's the motor in place from the rear.
And a view from the front. It's sticking out a little far. I might take 1/4" off of the spacers.
This is what I used for the outside spacers.
The outside spacers were rather loose on the 6-32 bolts, so I slid these inside. They fight really well between the bolt and the outside spacers.
The wing bolt blocks glued into place. Again, the blind nuts are JB Welded into place. Then I used 30 Minute epoxy to glue the blocks in place.
The fuselage rubber banded together. I believe she's ready to glue together once the wing bolt blocks set overnight.
Opening marked in the vertical re-enforcement for under the battery tray.
Vertical re-enforcement and the fuse bottom re-enforcement. This goes in just in front of the wing and will have the main landing gear mounted to it.
Speed control shown inserted through the vertical re-enforcement.
Re-enforcements in place in the fuselage.
Firewall marked for cutting the venting/ESC access hole
Hole is cut and showing ESC in place.
Hole in the firewall.
Battery tray cut and in place.
Shot with battery tray removed. Front corners of the tray will be screwed down to the two vertical supports in the front corners, seen here held in place with tape until I got around to epoxying them in place.
Tail wheel re-enforcement with blind nuts JB Welded into place.
Other side of tail wheel re-enforcement. The two spots of blue tape are to keep epoxy from getting inside the blind nuts as I gle this into place.
Tail wheel re-enforcement epoxyed into place.
Wing is together and I'm about ready to fiberglass the center joint.
I trimmed too much off one side of the center trailing section, so glued on a thin piece to close the gap. Once covered it won't show.
The wing. (And my messy workbench!)
Ailerons and wing are slotted for hinges. I used the Great Planes Slot Machine I got for Christmas. This is my first use and I'm really pleased with it.
Ailerons are beveled. I used a small balsa plane rather than sanding.
Wingtips are carved to shape. This job really calls for a balsa plane. It's much less messy to plane rather than sand.
Wing belly fairing to mate to the fuse. Still need to fill in some and sand smooth.
Remainder of the fuse parts glued in place. Tape is to hold things tight while the glue sets.
Fuse with the tape removed. The hatch space is perfect for slipping my batteries in and out!! I'm very pleased with my electric mods at this point.
The belly blended into the fuse.
The rudder I threw together quickly yesterday.
Most of the covering is done.
Horizontal stab glued on with laser alignment
A little better view of the laser alignment.
Looking down into the "battery" hatch area.
Nuts are installed and red loctited at the top of the bolts so that I could use either a straight, philips, or hex driver, whichever I have at hand.
Cooling area below the motor going past the speed controller.
Grey spots are JB Weld to hold in the blind nuts.
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top