Recent Attachments for RPatrick
Packing tape on the bottom for protection and strength. When applied without wrinkles, it looks just fine !
Ready for mounting.
Since I repainted, I took the time to paint in some detail on the wings. I like it !
Finished wings !
The final adjustment of the elevons is done by rotating the retaining block before the glue cures.
Nice alignment !
Looking good !
Keeping the elevons level while the glue cures. After that, I can have lunch !
Gluing in the elevons.
Hitec HS-65HB servos glued in.
Now we are in business !
Leading edge protection with black tape and the underside is protected with packing tape.
Finished Elevons !
I built my own out of plywood so I could drill the holes properly !
Very poor quality with the factory drilled holes. You can see how crooked the elevon rod is.
Wing rods going in.
Attaching the intakes. I am using canopy glue again for the build, so I have to clamp the parts while the glue cures. Trying out a new clamping method.
Version 2 is getting a paint job with Testor's Model Master Nuetral Gray. The new color is in the center.
Ready to rumble !!!
Oh yeah !
I never would have believed from the intakes forward would turn out this straight !
The new decals were printed with a normal ink jet printer onto high quality white paper. I put them on with packing tape for protection. Looks pretty good !
Turned out real nice !
Rebuilding the nose.
Model Master 1729 Gloss Gull Gray
Final check before maiden !
Pusher prop conversion complete !
Servo and motor wiring.
Servo and motor wiring.
I ran the motor wires before I glued anything.
Here is how I attached the mount to the balsa plates.
It worked out pretty good !
There is one thick balsa plate in the center with another thin balsa plate on each side. The thinner plates are glued on with the wood grain going perpendicular to that of the thick plate.
I cut these balsa mounting plates by hand. I made them 3 ply (see next pic).
The servo is angled in a little bit to provide plenty of clearance.
I modified the location of the servo so that there will be no issues with the moving control surface hitting the servo arm.
The only glue I used on this entire model was Canopy Glue ! I like it because it is non-toxic with no fumes, and it works great on foam with proper surface prep.
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top