Recent Attachments for ecormier
Layers starting to delaminate at the tips.
Weight on the plan was 2.5g, so I'm happy with this.
Take two. Hinge pin now embedded in platform.
V-strut tips in slot. Hinge pin test fitted. How should I attach hinge pin?
Lighter than what was spec'ed in plans (2.5g). I hope they're strong/stiff enough. I had to shorten the v-struts a little because they felt too bendy at the tips. Horn needs to be shortened to match.
Shapes cut from plan and pasted using 3M77.
Basswood mold covered in electrical and packing tape.
Nose cone threaded onto the fuselage.
A tee-nut attached to 3 laminated pieces of plywood goes behind the motor mount. The nose cone threads into this.
I epoxied a bolt in the nose cone (for sailplane configuration) so that it can be easily detached from the fuse.
I drilled the holes for mounting my motor. I later laminated 2 layers of 1.4oz fiberglass on the mount to reinforce it.
I turned the boom hole in the fuse former into a big square so that I could slide in a battery pack after the fuse's top is glued on. I still need to figure out a way to keep the battery from sliding forward in flight... maybe some bubble wrap would
I made the tailboom shorter by one fuselage bay to make room for a LiPo battery. I glued in foam seats that will hold the battery.
I put masking tape across the v-tail to help align it with the wings, being careful to not put too much tension and bend the tail.
It would have been easier to cover and hinge the v-tail before glueing it.
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top