Recent Attachments for larryross
Page 1 of 5
Covered both sides... had I thought about it soon enough, I would have put the paper under the outside laminations.
Instead of using carbon tube in the LG I decided to use heavy brown paper and TiteBond glue to make an exoskeleton of sorts and it turned out very stiff and I think more so than a CF tube would have done..
Finally got one wing tip on... now all I have to do is get the other one on somewhat similar.
horizontal and elevator.
The middle 3 laminations are 1/2 foam from Lowes and the 2 outside laminations are FFF. Rudder is 1/2 foam too.
Showing I didn't make the holes in the out side lamination. 36" measure for scale.
Showing how 2 spars will lay in wing.
I then glued another section of CF tube then wrapped the end of it and wrapped between the 2 sections to tie them together and epoxied.
I am going to use torsion bar style rudder control.
Showing where the elevator control rod comes out of the fuse.
Showing the rudder control rod.
Servo tray with orange 17g servos.
View from the wing top.
View of spar from the under side of the wing.
The wing tip spar is installed.
Showing where the CF lays in the main wing section.
I used a short length of landing gear wire that just fit in the CF tube... bent it at the angle I wanted then glued it in to the CF tube and wrapped the tube end with kevlar thread and epoxied to keep the CF tube from splitting.
Parts cut ready for assembly.
Using 9g servos on a 12 foot WS plane according to whiskers.
Got it some what together.
With a 3548-850. may be way more motor than I need at 690watts. I have a 3636-1100 that may be a closer match and a lot lighter.
it will close to balance with 2 2200mah 3s batteries located here.
Kind of getting there.
Put in strips to align the fuse sides and for extra gluing surface.
This is the glue I use for this. takes several hours to dry since it is water based. It is water proff when cured.
All hinges inserted and the excess glue wiped off.
I usually put weights on the hinge area while drying. I don't know if this is necessary, but I do it.
Showing sanding the projector film.
When I pull the hinge out and there is plenty of glue on it then I have enough glue in the slit.
put a strip of glue on the slit and work it in with the hinge.
I cut the corners off the hinge for easier insertion in to the slot.
I use sand paper to shape the bevel.
This is the rudder for my current EzFly build
My foam stash
Sanded the leading edge a little.
10 sheet lamination... 2 the full length then 4 on each side different lengths. Fuse is just a little under 2" wide.
The rear CF rod is 6mm and the front is 4mm.
Next finish the trailing edge and install elevons and servos.
Applying some lite Spackle to cover bobos.
Glued on some balsa to form the leading edge. Not crash proofing, but hanger rash minimization.
Trimming and fitting the second panel before gluing it on.
The first panel is glued on.
Here you can see the ribs for the semi-symmetrical foil.
As you can see I cut a lot of holes. Hope it doesn't weaken it too much... don't think I will cut any more holes.
This is how I did my spar joiner.
Here is where the access hatch will be.
Too many holes?
The vertical was very unstable (flimsy) so I put a couple of CF tubes in it.
Can't see it very well, but it is an I-beam with 1/4" x 2" balsa and 3/4" x 1/8" basswood top and bottom and blue foam for a filler
My favorite mag wheel
front axle and pivot for hidden canard.
hinge pin for elevons
rear isometric view
My 100% in front.
Hidden under the second layer.
Cut groves in the bottom panel. Installed lots of CF tubing.
Wheels will be about 4" wider than the fuse on both sides. Should give it more ground stability.
You can see the 25% scale setting on top of the 50% that is setting on top of the 100% which is setting beside the 250%.
Mounting bracket inside fuse
Very sung fit, but a rough opening.
DykeDelta full page.zip
DykeDelta full page.pdf
I wanted dihedral so I spliced the spar in the center so my wing will be heaver than most, but I won't have any major flex problems.
I used a 1/4x1/4 basswood at about CG then enclosed the front between the spar and the LE and recessed my servos in the enclosure. I also used a cf rod on the LE to hold it straight and true.
DD top vectored.pdf
This is where it will fit.
I wanted to lift both sides of the door at the same time.
Bell crank setup for raising and lowering the cargo door.
Motor nacelle almost as big as the 100% twin fuse.
12 scale Abrams tank
4 sizes of Cargo's I have build (building at)
Cargo door. Ply area for mounting LG.
Fuse pattern taped together ready to cut out.
Here is the first $6.00 receiver.
Got one side attached. After I got it attached I tested it and the rudder and the steering are working opposite of each other.
Since I don't like the looks of straight or droopy wings, I always put 3 - 4 degree dihedral to the wings.
Then I enclosed from the spar to the LE and that stiffened it some more. Also shows the carbon tube in the LE and bass wood on the TE.
Makes the plane look like it is standing at attention.
Shows where I joined the spar with about 3 - 4 degrees. Then I put a gusset on each side of the joint.
This is as far as I have gotten so far.
This is what I am shooting for.
The AT-99 “Scorpion” Gunship 1-48 SB.pdf
The AT-99 “Scorpion” Gunship 1-48.pdf
Page 1 of 5
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top