Recent Attachments for MULLETED
talk about organised...there is even an electric tinny rescue boat...
the casual stance of the racers belies the intensity of the racing...protest calls rang out steadily.
yep....she has seen it all before....check out the look in her eyes....surely I can't be dumber than my dog....can I??
the epoxy they used to glue servo tray mounts softened and deformed the hull...more fairing...
cracks are about 10-15mm long
showing all 4 cracks to fin box and the bulging induced by the epoxied servo tray mounts
new decals on surmount...oh yeah they will make it faster....cough
forward view of fin box
aft view of fin box
new hatches cut to affect repairs
Another use for a plastic chainplate is the anchor points for the jib-boom and forestay. Another change made just to make me feel like I am making progress while spinning my virtual wheels. But it does seem to work.
Still gilding the lily (or, as is probably more appropriate, kicking a dead horse...) as I strive to replicate anything vaguely resembling reality (while stubbonly refusing to use ANY of the easy available references)...
Fixed the jib halyard to something resembling more appropriate, had I managed to desipher the "instructions" I would have done it that way first up.
I used one of the original chainplates on the boom to mount the first "fulcum" and used the "traveller" to anchor the second "fulcrum". Might a real traveller on a seperate channel help?
It relies on the top of the mast to resist rotation. That looks sufficient, but an extra screw would fix it in place if it really needed it.
The original mast top spreader with the new version. I forgot to weigh them, but they felt similar in my hand.
I just happened to catch the light as it painted the Surmount sails for me....maroon and silver :D
Surmount temporarily rigged for the photo.
I forgot to paint the hatch at the same time as the hull, crikey it made it hard to match afterwards. I wont make that mistake again.
Made spares for the Monsoon so will probably use them on this.
The Surmount has a maroon base coat with silver over gold to try to give a metallic finish. It tends to change colour depending on the view angle, a nice surprise!
Timber spars replaced the pressed steel versions supplied as I prefer the look.
I was trying to replicate the rigging of a real yacht and so needed more holes in the chainplates. When I get a chance I will try to get rigging looking more authentic as at the moment its only temporary.
Probably the only improvement I have made is to build a more stable stand
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top