Recent Attachments for customcarmaker
right engine naucell close up.
Right front of wing to fuse.
Inside of left landing gear looking up towards cockpit.
Severe landing damage.
Under side of T-28 wings.
Cruise missle tail
I believe these are T-28 wings
hopefully attaching the wings.
When you first pull up.
Relocating antennea to drivers fender so i can french it.
Design for lettering on doors
Paint design. Will be flat red metallic paint with white scallops.
Wheel and tire combination.
This will be the grille and headlights.
This is what it looks like now. Front lowered 2.5 inches and the rear 1 inch.
How it started
After it was fired
About to be fired
engine going on test stand
It says DC in upper left corner. S and P are diagonal split by the F-16. Then across the bottom reads power series.
Sheeting looks bad under here. I want my cooling exit to be under the rear cowl portion to hide it.
Starting to look like an airplane.
Servo mounts. The arms look close but they are actually on two different levels.
Showing finished battery hatch location.
This shows the tail where the balsa cracked.
The H stab is glued in place. Also the rudder and elevator servos are mounted.
I have wanted one of these for 7 years. i still do.
The mighty DA 100.
Another pic showing graphics.
This is my friend Al's late Carden 100cc Yak. All the graphics were hand painted. It was lost due to radio failure 1 week after this was taken.
My good friend Tim's Sig Hog Bipe and Sig 4 Star 60.
This is also Jay's Hanger 9 27% extra with a DA 50.
My Friend Scott's trainer and my friend Jay's new (at the time) Hanger 9 Piper Pawnee.
This is my 1/6 scale Pa-12 from a goldberg anniversary cub kit.
Horizontal stabilizer and elevator complete. I know the braces are not symetrical but hey its getting sheeted.
Vertical stabilizer and rudder complete.
Showing difference in thickness. I chose the thicker wheel because the stuka had very thick wheels.
New wheel on left. Plastic wheel provided on right.
All three wing panels for test fit. They were square on the first try.
Right wing all spars done.
All ribs in right wing.
Right wing all squared.
Beginning of right wing panel.
Fuse side view.
Showing cut out for servo.
Left wing with all spars including cut out for servo.
Center section with spars.
Left wing with upper spars.
Left outside wing panel minus main spars.
This is what i had completed the first day.
rounded rudder and showing that it flies with a spektrum DX7.
O.S. 61 4 stroke spinning a 12x6 k series. flies really good at 1/2 throttle. just puts.
better side picture.
whole sale trains .com 40 size gear. unbelievable price. even slightly functional.
just showing the matching registration number for the underside.
It is cub yellow and missle red monokote.
wow what a mess.
This plane is so neet.
i have looked at several super cubs and the tails look very similar.
i can see it now taxiing across the water.
Looks like a cockpit will fit very nicely.
i looks better every time i see it.
I think i will keep the floats after all.
is this even a cub?
This is what i want it to look like when it is done.
J250 with prop.
top view no rudder yet.
I am going to use this reciever to help offset the battery. Right now the plane weighs under one pound. i think around 10 oz.
like a kid at christmas!!!!!!
lower batt is new sanyo upper batt is my 7.2v Nimh for the 300 motor.
side view of esc
motor attached to profile spad.
comparison to new 280 motor with my old 300 motor.
close up of motor gear box.
this is my profile made from a garage sale sign. Mostly done ready to maiden tommorrow.
Drawn to 1/3 scale. Not the gear however.
All cut outs so far. Still the original wing.
New H Stab.
Early 1980's futaba FG series AM 6 channel.
Rear of plane is ok but just wanted to show covering scheme.
left side of wing. All joining glue joints failed.
front of fuse. See the die cut line, that is where the glue joint also failed.
Cowl split along seam.
Motor is ok but see the mud and dirt from creek.
Close up of front fuse.
right side of top wing. The glue joint failed where the dihedral brace was glued at.
lower fuse showing where landing gear was ripped off.
This is the current plane.
This is the new foamy.
How about this one for nostagic purposes. I just took it. This is my dads first radio he ever had. It is 6 channels and AM. Futaba FG series.
my scratch bipe and the glider i have turned into a 3D plane.
My trusty H9 solo sport. You can kinda see my radios hanging on the wall.
This happened once the fuse hit the ground from about 100 ft up. Funny thing is prop was still good because i killed the engine before it hit.
close up showing wood joiner is broken.
And of course this.
The wing snapped in half during a snap roll into blender.
Wing in place to check for trueness of saddles. New firewall installed from most recent crash.
These are the new modified wing saddles to hold the wing square at all times.
Here it is all finished waiting for it to stop snowing outside to test everything. The engine is swinging an 11x6 prop.
Here is a one of the aileron servos. First time i have done dual aileron servos.
Engine is mounted. All I need now is to get the radio gear installed. Yes that is an O.S. LA 46.
Everything is glued up just waiting for all flying gear.
Comparison of aileron sizes. The one on the right is the new size.
New rudder and vertical fin. (Again below)
New elevator and stabilizer. (They are the ones pictured on the bottom)
My Scratch built 20 size biplane. O.S. 35 FP for power. Tower 4 channel radio.
My Air Hog lunch flyer. About $25. Well worth it. Aailable at Walmart.
My Scratch built piece o cake conversion to electric aerobat trainer. 320 motor with great planes ESC. Tower 4 channel radio.
Scratch built from a dura stick. O.S 40 LA for power. Futaba 4 Channel radio.
Rebuilt H9 Solo Sport. O.S. 46 LA power. Tower hobbies 4 channel radio.
All RCGroups content copyright © 1996 - 2015 by RCGroups.com.
Terms of Service
Mark Forums Read
Back to Top