HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:50 PM
Practice Makes Precision
United States, MO, Knob Noster
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
Discussion
Any Tri-State (PA, NY, NJ) DLG Pilots?

It seems there aren't any. The closest comp to me is a bit over 2hrs away. Seeing as I only have a permit, I can't travel very far. (until June at least) Just curious if there was any one close, and if there was enough to have a little fly-in.

Mike
www.commonsenserc.com
TDisaster is offline Find More Posts by TDisaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2009, 01:14 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Mike,

The Long Island Silent Flyers do have about a dozen DLG pilots and fly out of Stillwell Woods Preserve (Syosset, NY ).

We also host an annual ESL contest the first weekend in August.

www.lisf.org

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Feb 11, 2009, 01:53 PM
PA
Joined Jul 2003
103 Posts
The polecat challenge is in carlisle pa
nate 1001 is offline Find More Posts by nate 1001
Old Feb 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
I'm looking forward to going to the ESL contest. It shoulden't be too bad of a ride. (google says a little over 2hrs)

I think the Polecat challenge is farther away though. I'd have to look into that one more though.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:22 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Disaster
I think the Polecat challenge is farther away though. I'd have to look into that one more though.
Mike,
Recommend you attend Polecat in addition to the Long Island contest. It is a large and well run event, a unique and top quality experience worth 12 hours of driving (or as in my case, a day of airline travel).

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Espanola, NM
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:37 PM
Flying IS the hobby
Upstate, NY
Joined Feb 2002
2,110 Posts
If you are in PA, there is no shortage of contest here on the east cost, just register with the ESL and in time pick the contests you want to attend...

Jose
Jose E Bruzual is offline Find More Posts by Jose E Bruzual
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:38 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
I've never been to a contest yet, and I figure I would have to show up on Friday, but I'll still be in school. So I wouldn't think I can make it this year. But depending on how rough next winter is, and how many snow days our school uses (decides how early we get out) I should be able to make it next year.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:45 PM
Practice Makes Precision
Joined Jun 2006
3,531 Posts
I went and registered on the ESL site. There's a lot more local comps than I thought. Thanks for the info guys!
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:34 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,120 Posts
Here's an idea.
Go onto the ESL website or ask someone to send out via the ESLTalk email list that you would liek to go to Polecat, where you live and if anyone might be passing through. You might find someone willing to offer you a ride.

ESL is made up of a great bunch of guys so you never can tell. Most of us go out of our way to help a fellow pilot as much as possible.

Polecat is a great contest where you'll meet the best of the best from all over - including from out of the country. Don't worry about friday at Polecat. It is just a Pro-Am that has nothing to do with the actual contest. the real contest begins on Sat.. Denny is a great guy and puts on one hell of a great contest.

If you won't come for the flying, then come for the food and the Red Bull girls!!!

just a thought....

Keep in touch and when August comes around and you want to come to Long Island, let me know if you need anything. I'll see how I can help.

Frank
Fly2High is offline Find More Posts by Fly2High