SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by mastrsn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
Procrashtinating Builder
about 12" from my computer in Jacksonville Fl.
Joined May 2004
1,292 Posts
Discussion
Time to put aside the perversion for another project...

I've always liked the Parkzone Trojan, just not the fact that EVEYONE HAD ONE. Something about watching a squadron of the same airplane flying around just didn't 'do me'.

A while ago, wmcneal brought me a Trojan from one of his friends that was getting out of the hobby. A bit worn and beat up, the cogs in my head started turning. I remembered a T-28 on airliners.net that was a bit different. With paint brush in hand I started the transformation.

What I got was something noone at the field would have. Now, at the Dawn Patrol field, there a many different T-28s, and as soon as we can get them together, I'll post video here.

The only decals I used were the Stars and Bars from the replacement set. The lettering are 3", 1" and 1/2" letters from the local ace hardware. I am using the stock motor and servos, but using a Berg reciever on my 72 mHz channel and the 3 blade prop and nut from the Parkzone Corsair (because they look more scale). I am not 100% happy with the way it came out, but there is still a bit painting to do.....
mastrsn is offline Find More Posts by mastrsn
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:39 AM
AMA 125691
Jacksonville Florida
Joined Jul 2002
2,240 Posts
Looks great Bob! Can't wait to see it fly.
wmcneal is offline Find More Posts by wmcneal