Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 15, 2003, 02:13 AM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,467 Posts
You coulda heard a pin drop... off topic.

Ok, this is a bit off topic, but anyone who ever maiden-flighted a new plane can relate to this.

Go to this link and click on "biplane death". Make sure your sound is on and turned up kinda high. Prepare to fall out of your chair laughing.

http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Cyberia...ml/rc_80s.html
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2003, 02:37 AM
Rialto, CA
Joined Jun 2002
306 Posts
OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

thats why I always take pictures of my planes before I toss them off the hill the first time. They don't always come home looking like when they left.
ke6guj is offline Find More Posts by ke6guj
Old Mar 15, 2003, 03:09 AM
anyone else on 27?
santa barbara, ca
Joined Mar 2003
51 Posts
Yeah, that's why I got a foamie as my first plane. I might lose it, but at least I wont destroy it.
arena is offline Find More Posts by arena
Old Mar 15, 2003, 03:36 AM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,287 Posts
Not that I claim to be perfect or never crash or something, but are these guys clueless? They sure crash a lot in some interesting ways, and quite often. Anyways, its entertaining at least.
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Mar 15, 2003, 09:58 AM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,467 Posts
I guess these two guys taught themselves how to fly back in the eighties (Prior to epp making the scene).

They gleefully destroyed dozens of planes learning how to fly, and always managed to get the carnage on video.

Yes, they were pretty clueless. They were also hilarious.

All I can say is thanks for the entertainment guys!!
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Mar 15, 2003, 10:04 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
Transcript:

--

"Nweeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...."

Oh, she's beautiful!

Let's try a roll!

Inverted...on the first flight!

PLUNK

--

Too darn funny! d0H!
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2003, 11:30 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,219 Posts
You forgot..

"Nweeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr..."
--
Ok.. Making a low pass..

"NweeeeeeeeeeeEEEEerrrrREEEErrRRr"
(plane looking suddenly distressed at high speed, tucking under due to rearward CG perhaps)
"NEEEEEEEEEEEE"*KERSPLAT*.

silence..

silence..

silence..

The one coming in deadstick and meeting up with the bench was pretty heart breaking too.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 15, 2003, 11:54 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Daemon
Plane looking suddenly distressed at high speed, tucking under due to rearward CG perhaps
My theory: the guy was flying it towards himself inverted. It looks to me like he just got confused for a second and pulled down stick instead of pushing up stick, and by the time he realized his mistake, his nice aerobatic little biplane was a yardsale.

I hate to laugh at such things, but the sound the plane makes when it hits is just so awesome. And then, the way the video ends with the guy just staring motionless at his wrecked plane, is just too much. We've all been there, but it's so hilarious to see when it's not you
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by surfimp; Mar 15, 2003 at 11:57 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2003, 12:28 PM
Brett
So Cal
Joined Apr 2002
5,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by surfimp
My theory: the guy was flying it towards himself inverted. It looks to me like he just got confused for a second and pulled down stick instead of pushing up stick, and by the time he realized his mistake, his nice aerobatic little biplane was a yardsale.
Yeah, I agree. I almost did a similar thing the first time I flew a friend's power plane. If there's one thing I really learned while I was learning to fly power is you gotta follow through. When in doubt, just keep pulling on the stick and get it to complete the loop just fine, and then you can sort things out. It's that second of hesitation when the plane suddely isn't doing what the pilot expected and he lets off on the elevator (with the plane heading straight down at full throttle)) that kills the plane.
bjaffee is offline Find More Posts by bjaffee
Old Mar 16, 2003, 03:38 AM
Will work for planes
Fullerton, California, United States
Joined Jan 2002
1,783 Posts
Those guys were lucky they didn't get hurt ! Did you see the one where the the one guy is trying to hand launch the plane with prop at full he looses his grip and it almost swings back into him?
omega blood is offline Find More Posts by omega blood