HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Doug Sipprell, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 07:53 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,553 Posts
Discussion
World Tour Tiger Moth, and Wings Across America

As with the World Tour Tiger Moth project, I was a pilot for the Wings Across America program (WAA-08), having just recently flown the Stevens SQuiRT plane at the York County Flyers field. "Squirt" is to be flown in all 48 contiguous states, traveling in a specially build hardwood case, and being delivered personally from pilot to pilot. This differs from the World Tour Tiger Moth project wherein the plane was shipped via USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc. from one pilot to another. In addition, the World Tour Tiger Moth (a Pico Tiger Moth in essentially stock form) was flown in all 50 states and most of the Canadian provinces. Quite a privilege to have been a designated pilot for both of these "tours". The World Tour Tiger Moth is now the property of AMA, residing in the National Aviation Museum in Muncie, Indianna. I am not sure what the final disposition will be with the WAA-08 project. Would be nice to have this plane also accepted by AMA for inclusion with their historical planes in AMA's museum. Below are photo's of both the World Tour Tiger Moth and the WAA-08 Squirt.
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Doug Sipprell; Feb 08, 2009 at 08:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts