Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 08, 2009, 01:14 PM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
Discussion
Hoped up Blade CP questions.

Hi.
I just got a Blade CP or maybe its the BCP+ i can not tell but i have a few questions.

This heli and a 2-1 Mixer and ESC by e-flite EFLH1038 and a gyro by e-flite EFLRG90L with a 6 channel rx.
My question is why this thing modded like this and not have the 3in1 or 4 in 1 and when i try to hover or fly no matter how much trim i put into the tail it still yaws left like i have to hold the stick to keep it even.
also the gyro gain is set to fully - set on DS and REV.

Can anyone give me some knowledge on how to set the gyro or why the tail swings to the left.

The TX is set AL normal ELE reverse Thr normal rud reverse does that seem right with the gyro?

The battery is a 11.1v 2100mAh LIPO is that to much the main motor has a 8T pinon.

Also Aluminum SwashPlate.
Darkfoxx is offline Find More Posts by Darkfoxx
Last edited by Darkfoxx; Feb 08, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2009, 01:59 PM
Build, crash, repeat...
USA, VA, Cedar bluff
Joined Dec 2002
320 Posts
Mine's tail rotor always kept coming loose, causing a left-handed pirouette. I finally glued the fuel tubing keeper in place to keep the pins on the tail rotor in the tail rotor pinion gear. You didn't mention the hop-ups that were made on your CP, so I don't really know how much power your motor and speed control can handle, but 2100 mAh sounds pretty heavy for a little heli. The original Blade CP, like I have, called for 800-1300 mAh lipo packs.
lee292a is offline Find More Posts by lee292a
Old Feb 08, 2009, 02:59 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
USA, MI, Shelby Township
Joined Jan 2009
2,875 Posts
you must not have read the threads saying stay away from tail motor heli`s

you`ll never get it to fly right its the kind of heli it is

if you just got it send it back, you`ll spend alot of money on tail motor`s alone they burn out like clock work

get a belt or shaft driven tailed heli.
bad400 is offline Find More Posts by bad400
Old Feb 08, 2009, 06:21 PM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
well....kinda got it free so i really do not want to give it back but i guess i will sell the cp and cx any buy something else but what do i get?
I have no prob with the cx its just boring to me now so easy to fly.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 07:31 PM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
for some reason the tail wants to go left even when the trim is full left...i have to apply some right rudder to center the tail and i can not figure out why the tail still wants to turn or how to set up the gyro..it is running a 2 in 1 mixer esc and a g90 gyro.

can someone send me in the right directions of a fair set up? search is returning nothing for me.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 07:55 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
The Blade will fly quite nicely—despite claims made by some to the contrary. I know because I have been flying a couple of them for over a year. To answer your questions:

1. If you have a separate speed controller and gyro the mixing board is merely controlling the tail motor.

2. If the helicopter yaws left (nose right, tail left) the proportional pot is set too high. Disconnect the flight battery, dial it down a bit, hover again, until it needs little or no left stick correction to hover tail in. That's for a mixing board gyro. The separate gyro you have requires either adjusting the gain screw on the gyro itself or a setting in the transmitter, depending on which radio you have.

The silicon tubing that holds the tail blade is easily dislodged. A piece of 1/8" I.D. vinyl fuel tubing will hold much better.

As for tail motors, they can work quite well (again despite the moans of belt-drive fanatics). The stock E-flite tail motor is too weak. However you can mount two motors and have enough tail thrust to let you fly in heavy wind. The best tail mod is a brushless tail motor:

http://summer.phpwebhosting.com/~hea...ss%20tail.html

This is an inexpensive, fun little helicopter that can be extensively modified to perform very well.

blade cp pro 3d incredible 2 (4 min 2 sec)
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Last edited by zen@lanset.com; Feb 09, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2009, 08:25 PM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
thank you that was the answer i needed.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 07:59 PM
Joined Oct 2006
52 Posts
i have 1 more question.instead of making a new thread i will post here.

I have a 2-in-1 esc mixer that was already on this heli with the g90 gyro.
i noticed i can not control the tail at all is there any way to hook the tlyail motor to the gyro and by pass the 2 in 1 and use it for the main motor only?

I have a 6 channel receiver on it also. basically what is the best way to hook up the receiver 2 in 1 and gyro to control this heli a little better?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:20 PM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
You have to have a controller for the motor; the gyro by itself won't do. You can get a used 3-in-1 (Blade CP Pro) and hook up your tail motor's wires to its on-board controller. Then plug the G90 into channel 4 to use it instead of the gyro on the mixing board.

Just post that you are looking for a mixing board for a CP Pro in the electric heli's for sale/wanted category and you will hear from someone who has that electronic item.

P.S.: I might even have one for you. I took it off of my bird when I installed the brushless tail motor.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 11:33 PM
Pilots have power
Fullerton CA
Joined Jun 2008
27 Posts
you might already know of this site but basic set up and some forum specifically about the blade is at bladecprepair.com. It had helped me with my cp and mine has been flying for over a year with the same main and only one new tail motor.
356sc is offline Find More Posts by 356sc
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:03 AM
24 yrs. of Aircraft flying
United States, GA, Rockmart
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
if you have the G90 or any other gryo the 3 in one is not needed when I got the gryo for mine I got rid of the 3 in one and got the 2 in one thats all you need.

good luck and wow wish i could find a free blade cp expissally with all those upgrades.
epoweredrc is online now Find More Posts by epoweredrc
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:51 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamiesrfun
if you have the G90 or any other gryo the 3 in one is not needed ...
Not strictly true. You assume brushless main and tail motors with separate ESC's. If he is using brushed tail motor(s) he still needs the mixing board to control it/them.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:14 AM
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Not strictly true. You assume brushless main and tail motors with separate ESC's. If he is using brushed tail motor(s) he still needs the mixing board to control it/them.
Noo, I did not assume brushless, I owned a blade cp with g90 gryo and i got rid of the 3 in one (didnt need the gryo anymore of it) got a 2 in one for the main and tail esc its tiny about the side of a 10A esc took off weight look it up on horizen there like $35

at the time i was trying to figure out a nasty glitch problem i had.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:48 AM
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Excuse me. You're right. A 2-in-one would control both motors. However it is a pretty small gain in weight savings. Hardly seems worthwhile.

Did it cure the glitch?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 10:52 PM
Joined Oct 2004
5,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen@lanset.com
Excuse me. You're right. A 2-in-one would control both motors. However it is a pretty small gain in weight savings. Hardly seems worthwhile.

Did it cure the glitch?
Sorry was not trying to be smart im typing on a netbook(laptop)
no it did not fix the glitch.... never fig it out got rid the heli. with i had just got a dx7

he already has a 2 in one from what i read or was going to buy one already forgot just stating it would work