HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 22, 2009, 07:38 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub
I've got mine at 60mm from the leading edge.
That sounds about right.

Measured at the wing root, too, right?
Spackles94 is offline Find More Posts by Spackles94
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 22, 2009, 06:07 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spackles94
That sounds about right.

Measured at the wing root, too, right?
Yes.
I tried to fly mine with a larger battery, 2200 3S and it was unflyable. It was a dog. Try and stay with the lightest battery you can and she flys great. I 've ended up using 1500 3S but if I could go lighter I would.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:00 AM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Where can I find the kit only??
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:37 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikky
Where can I find the kit only??
Not sure. I thought it was an RTF only.

Are you thinking about putting your own receiver there, or also the motor/fan/various innards as well?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:48 PM
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
my stuff
Old Sep 13, 2009, 09:58 PM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Hmmm... Well, there's always the option to gut everything and rebuild.

But I'd e-mail Nitroplanes, though. They do sell replacement parts, so you might be able to get all the foam and then fill it with your own goodies.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:00 AM
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Do you guys think it would be nice to NOT have to pay for all the stuff for nothing?? How about a crash, buy a new plane??
Check this thread..
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1110309
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:50 AM
War Eagle!
Birmingham, Alabama
Joined Feb 2007
7,876 Posts
Big manufacturers do sell the fuselage/wings/... separately, even for RTF models.

Like I said, contact Nitroplanes. I was able to get a replacement nose for mine.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:32 AM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,551 Posts
You can get the airframe only for this plane here:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/mini_f_16...59063_prd1.htm

They call it the Mini F-16, but it's the same plane. I don't know if they have them in stock though as it says discontinued by the price.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Last edited by SteveC68; Sep 16, 2009 at 10:37 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:43 AM
I make bad look so good.
League City, Texas
Joined Sep 2006
2,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub
Can anybody please help me.
I found this F-16 at Hobby-wing.com. At the time they only sold the RTF package so I decided to buy the parts and build my own. Problem is the part that is supposed to be the canopy (foam with clear plastic canopy) was actually only the plastic bit. They dont seem to be able to help me. Does anybody know where I can get the foam canopy part? FMS models are yet to return my email. Kit is practically useless without this little part.
Did you end up finding the canopy base? I found all the spare parts here:

http://www.hobby-wing.com/famous-min...ane-parts.html

but the canopy base shows as white unpainted foam. I wonder if it comes painted or not.

Edit:

According to Hobby Lobby this plane is discontinued.
SteveC68 is offline Find More Posts by SteveC68
Last edited by SteveC68; Sep 17, 2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:00 PM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
Hobbywing came through for me and sent me the canopy base.
I have ressurected my little F-16 and installed a GWS 3900kv inrunner with a 64mm fan. Runs on 2x 1050 2S lipos connected to make a 1050 4S. Close to 600 grams of thrust at 19 amps. Nice and light and will give it a go on the weekend.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:23 PM
NitroPlanes Sponsored Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
201 Posts
Hey all. I love this bird, and it screams once in the air, but I am having a hard time hand launching it. What is the best way to do it. I had a friend do it twice, no problems. I was able to do it once, but after that I had 6 or 7 failed attempts. Could not get it airborne. The only diffrence was the pack I was running. The successfull flights were on a zippy pack, the non successfull ones were on the pack that came with it. Is the pack marginal, not able to deliver enough juce? I was thinking of replacing the 3950KV motor with a 4800KV. Would that help?

Thanks.
backin is offline Find More Posts by backin
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:02 PM
Joined Sep 2009
45 Posts
My first hand launch went straight up...then straight down, crushing the nose cone. I retrimmed the jet a bit and rigged up the nose and launced it at full throttle at 15-20 degrees from horizontal and it flew away with no problems. does your plane simply fall after you throw it?
robag99 is offline Find More Posts by robag99
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:11 PM
NitroPlanes Sponsored Pilot
Joined Jul 2009
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robag99 View Post
My first hand launch went straight up...then straight down, crushing the nose cone. I retrimmed the jet a bit and rigged up the nose and launced it at full throttle at 15-20 degrees from horizontal and it flew away with no problems. does your plane simply fall after you throw it?
Yep. Seems to be worse now that I moved the CG up. I taped the whole plane with clear packing tape, made it a lot stronger, and added only about 3/4 oz. It was flying well, but really tail heavy. Put some weight up front, and it flew once more OK. Then I could not get it to fly after that. That is why I was thinking now that it may be the pack. I pulled out the nose weight, and moved the battery pack forward, so that may help.

The last few attemts just do not seem to get enough speed to pass stall. Even a fairly level throw just kind of come down.
backin is offline Find More Posts by backin
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:24 PM
Joined Sep 2009
45 Posts
Are you able to see how much "juice" you are putting into the pack after discharge? The pack might be fried. I just ordered a nose cone.
On another note, my lower half decided to seperate during flight and shortly after the fan decided to come unglued from the upper half. The crash was actually not too bad. After putting it all back together I cant get the lower half magnets near the aft end of the fuselage to connect :/ I would buy another one excpet it's $50 now from the cheaper black friday sale!
robag99 is offline Find More Posts by robag99